cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

No Power to Wireless Access Points

JasonO13
New Contributor

I have 3 wireless access points (purple wires) connected to a Ruckus ICX 7150-C12P switch.  It has been working since my Lennar home was built in 2018, until today.  The switch SYST and PWR lights are green but the access points have no power.  In addition to the 3 access points (purple wires), there are 3 other lines (black wires) connected to the switch for Samsung, Kevo and Lutron.  Those 3 (black wires) are working and show amber lights at the switch ports.  The 3 access point wire ports (purple wires) on the switch show no lights.  I have read in many of the forums to reset the switch.  I have reset it a handful of times with no results.  Resetting the access points doesn't do anything because they have no power.  What's next?   

IMG_7455.JPGIMG_7457.JPGIMG_7458.JPG

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Imran_ruckus

Hello @JasonO13 

Greetings!

Thank you for reaching out to RUCKUS Lennar Home Community.

We appreciate the information you provided regarding your issue with the RUCKUS ICX-7150-C12P Switch and the Access Points not receiving power. 

Based on the details you shared, it appears that the SYST&PWR indicator on the RUCKUS Switch is showing green, suggesting it is in a normal operational state. However, this issue may stem from the PoE ports on the Switch being disabled.

To assist you further, we recommend following the troubleshooting steps outlined in our RUCKUS Lennar Knowledge Base article. This resource provides a detailed guide on resolving issues where there is no power to the Access Points and the ICX-7150-C12P Switch displays a green indicator.

Please refer to the following link for detailed instructions: 

https://community.ruckuswireless.com/t5/RUCKUS-Lennar-Support-Knowledge/NO-Power-on-Access-Points-an...

Kindly follow the steps outlined in the article, and do not hesitate to reach out if you encounter any challenges or require further assistance along the way.

Thank you once again for your patience and cooperation.

Best regards,

Imran Sanadi  
RUCKUS Lennar Home Community

View solution in original post

8 REPLIES 8

Imran_ruckus

Hello @JasonO13 

Greetings!

Thank you for reaching out to RUCKUS Lennar Home Community.

We appreciate the information you provided regarding your issue with the RUCKUS ICX-7150-C12P Switch and the Access Points not receiving power. 

Based on the details you shared, it appears that the SYST&PWR indicator on the RUCKUS Switch is showing green, suggesting it is in a normal operational state. However, this issue may stem from the PoE ports on the Switch being disabled.

To assist you further, we recommend following the troubleshooting steps outlined in our RUCKUS Lennar Knowledge Base article. This resource provides a detailed guide on resolving issues where there is no power to the Access Points and the ICX-7150-C12P Switch displays a green indicator.

Please refer to the following link for detailed instructions: 

https://community.ruckuswireless.com/t5/RUCKUS-Lennar-Support-Knowledge/NO-Power-on-Access-Points-an...

Kindly follow the steps outlined in the article, and do not hesitate to reach out if you encounter any challenges or require further assistance along the way.

Thank you once again for your patience and cooperation.

Best regards,

Imran Sanadi  

Imran,

It took me a while to figure out how to run the CLI but I got it going.  You might want to improve the instructions on running Putty after it's downloaded to get to the CLI.  The ports were all off so switching them back on solved the problem!  I'm not sure how they got switched off after 6 years of working properly.  Thank you.  

Hello @JasonO13 

Greetings!

Thank you for your response and update.

I'm glad to hear that the issue has been resolved. We appreciate your time and patience throughout this case.

This issue typically arises when the RUCKUS ICX-7150-C12P Switch is operating on an older non-UFI version. To prevent similar issues in the future, it may be necessary to upgrade the Switch.

To assist further with the Switch upgrade, could you please provide the outputs of the following commands:
enable
show version
show flash
These commands will help us check the current version of your Switch.

Please let me know if you have any questions regarding this matter.

Thank you once again for your patience.

Best regards,

Imran Sanadi  

Imran,

I left the house for a few hours and returned to the wireless APs without power again.  I have enabled the power on the switch ethernet ports and the wireless APs power is coming back on.  But I'm sure it will switch off again.  It seems the switch is broken.  

I see one of my available WiFi networks is Configure.Me-128140.  Do I need to do anything with this?  

Below are the outputs you asked for.  

enable output: "No password has been assigned yet..."

show version output:

JasonO13_0-1721245664782.png

show flash output:

JasonO13_1-1721245749462.png