cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Moved into existing home, struggling to setup R510 access point.

DanGiannone
New Contributor

Recently moved into my new house that was built in 2019. A R510 access point (Ruckus Wireless ZoneFlex R510) was setup for the previous owners.  Here is a summary of the current setup:

1. Modem plugged into router

2. Router plugged into ruckus icx 7150-c12p switch 

3. Ethernet runs from ruckus icx 7150-c12p switch to the R510 

4. Power LED is solid green. the 5G and 2.4G LEDs are solid amber. 

From what I have read, internet is reaching the R510, but none of my devices are connecting to it. Plugging the outbound ethernet port of the R510 into my PC gives me a solid connection over ethernet. I am assuming I need to somehow login & configure something, but its not really clear what or how. 

I attempted to factory reset and follow the "R510 Access Point Quick Setup Guide", but no luck. After the power LED going solid red for a few seconds, It reverts back to the LED status described above after 1-2 minutes, and I can't log in to the device because the username/PW isn't resetting. (Previous owners didn't leave me their password obviously). 

What steps do I need to take to get this setup correctly so all my devices can automatically connect over wifi?

1 REPLY 1

Imran_ruckus

Hi DanGiannone,

Hope you are doing good!!!

Thank you for the detailed information you shared.

As you mentioned in the description Power LED is solid green and the 5G and 2.4G LED’s are solid amber, which means the AP is getting the IP address from the DHCP Server by the connected router and it’s in a normal state.

As you are unable to login with your credentials,

Here are the steps to reset the password and username for your Ruckus Access Point on the ceiling. 

Please read the following guide carefully: 

Physical Factory Reset an Access Points Ruckus:

https://community.ruckuswireless.com/t5/RUCKUS-Support-for-Lennar-Homes/Physical-Factory-Reset-an-Ac...

Ruckus Unleashed Set-up using your Mobile:

https://community.ruckuswireless.com/t5/RUCKUS-Support-for-Lennar-Homes/Ruckus-Unleashed-Set-up-usin...

Best Regards,

Imran Sanadi