cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Issues with R510 APs

ryanb2
New Contributor

Hello,

I moved into a Lennar home where the previous homeowners did not reset or erase their configuration.

The set up includes two APs (R510s, one on first floor and one on second floor) and an ICX 7850 12-port switch. The switch is currently not connected to the router for up and out connectivity. I factory reset both routers a few times. Once when they were both connected to PoE ports and a second time for each one while the other that was not getting reset was disconnected to power. When I did this, I didn’t get the “Configure-Me” SSID option even after waiting 10-15 minutes for both.

On the master AP however, I got the “Recover Me” option. Past forums posts on here were not helpful with addressing the issue. Is there a default password I can use for this so I can console in and change settings?

Thank you!

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Hi @ryanb2 

We can reset the access points and create a new network from scratch for you to use. 

1. Connect an ethernet cable between your ISP router and our Ruckus switch. (This step is essential to proceed with the following instructions.)

2. Ensure that the master access point displays solid green lights for PWR and CTL.

3. Follow the steps provided in the following link to reset and create a new Unleashed network.
Physical Factory Reset an Access Points Ruckus

https://community.ruckuswireless.com/t5/RUCKUS-Support-for-Lennar-Homes/Physical-Factory-Reset-an-Ac...

> If you have multiple Access Points (APs) in your house, go to the Ruckus Switch (located in the panel) and disconnect the Ethernet cables from all Access Points, except the one you are going to work with.

Only keep one access point connected to the Ruckus switch throughout the entire process until the new network appears. Once you confirm that the created network is visible in your laptop's "network and internet settings" tab, you can proceed to connect the other access points one by one.

4. Once completed, connect the second access point, and it will automatically join the new network you have created.

Note: Ensure that ALL cables are connected to the 12 ports on the front panel, organized in 2 rows of 6 ports each.

Kind regards,

Sofia Gätjens

View solution in original post

11 REPLIES 11

Sgatjens

Hi @ryanb2 

Thank you for contacting RUCKUS Lennar Home Community.

I hope you are doing well!!!

Could you please let us know the answers to the below queries to assist you better?

1. Was this working before or is it a new installation? If it worked before, was there any power outage before you started facing this issue?

2. On your switch while it's plugged into the outlet, do you see any lights on? (Amber or green) Please let us know which lights are on. (Please refer to the below picture and share a picture of the same, showing the light status and the FULL Switch panel cable connections to the Switch ports)

3. Is your Internet Connection from the Internet Service Provider (ISP) stable and working? (You could check this by connecting to your local router Wi-Fi or from an ethernet cable from the Router to a laptop/PC).

4. May I know how many Access Points are connected to the Switch? Could you please let me know the light status on the Access Points? Any of these lights are on (Please refer to the below picture and share a picture of the same)

Please help us with pictures of your ICX-7150-C12P Switch showing the status of the lights and cable connections to the Switch ports. Also, light the status of Access Points.

Before uploading the photos please log in to the RUCKUS account and you can upload the image.

Could you please check the link below and confirm that the setup you have is the correct one?

Most common Setups for Lennar homes users

https://community.ruckuswireless.com/t5/RUCKUS-Support-for-Lennar-Homes/Most-common-Setups-for-Lenna...

Kindly note that your internet service is expected to be provided by your ISP; our role is to assist in optimizing connectivity throughout your residence.

Kind regards,

Sofia Gätjens

IMG_3070.jpeg

IMG_3059.jpeg

IMG_3066.jpeg

IMG_3060.jpeg

Hey Sofia! Hope all is well with you too and thanks for reaching out.

To answer your questions:

1. I’m not entirely sure if the system worked for the previous homeowners. They had their own SSID configured using their family name, so I know they at least attempted to make them work. We’ve been using a Netgear router for WLAN but I wanted to see if I could get the APs to work a few days ago when I noticed the “Recover Me” SSID was the only option after physically resetting the routers. A power outage did not cause this issue.

2. See attached picture. Getting green status/system/power LEDs. I have the 2nd floor AP plugged into port 2, getting steady green LED. 1st floor AP is unplugged.

3. ISP connection is stable (Google Fiber with AT&T modem and TP-Link router). However, I don’t have any Ethernet cabling running from router to Ruckus ICX-7150. Running WLAN off of TP link MLS. 

4. See attached picture. Only the second floor AP is plugged in currently, which was previously the master AP. It’s receiving power, getting green solid CTL light and slow blinking green power light. 

*note: when the 1st floor AP is plugged in and 2nd floor is not, the 1st floor AP gets alternating slow blinking green LEDs on power, CTL, and Air indicators.

Let me know if you need anything else.

V/r,

Ryan

And yes, based on the link you provided, that is how my home is set up. 

Hi @ryanb2 

We can reset the access points and create a new network from scratch for you to use. 

1. Connect an ethernet cable between your ISP router and our Ruckus switch. (This step is essential to proceed with the following instructions.)

2. Ensure that the master access point displays solid green lights for PWR and CTL.

3. Follow the steps provided in the following link to reset and create a new Unleashed network.
Physical Factory Reset an Access Points Ruckus

https://community.ruckuswireless.com/t5/RUCKUS-Support-for-Lennar-Homes/Physical-Factory-Reset-an-Ac...

> If you have multiple Access Points (APs) in your house, go to the Ruckus Switch (located in the panel) and disconnect the Ethernet cables from all Access Points, except the one you are going to work with.

Only keep one access point connected to the Ruckus switch throughout the entire process until the new network appears. Once you confirm that the created network is visible in your laptop's "network and internet settings" tab, you can proceed to connect the other access points one by one.

4. Once completed, connect the second access point, and it will automatically join the new network you have created.

Note: Ensure that ALL cables are connected to the 12 ports on the front panel, organized in 2 rows of 6 ports each.

Kind regards,

Sofia Gätjens

I plugged my TP Link router using Ethernet to the Ruckus switch (port 3) and then followed the reset instructions provided. However, I’m not seeing the “Configure.Me-<Last6MAC>” option. The “Recover.Me” SSID is not there but the previous homeowner SSID is now showing. Would I have to reset it again to get the Configure.Me option and get rid of the previous homeowners network?