cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Internet keeps dropping

mangofish
New Contributor II

I have frontier internet in a lennar home that came with the switch. The frontier internet connects from the modem to the lennar switch. I previously did not have any issues but after having to reset the breaker, My internet from the ruckus switch keeps disconnecting after 5-10 minutes or is very slow. 

• I've included a picture of the switch as well as the ?extender, I have two of them. I don't have technical experience and I'm trying to figure out how to fix it. I read through all the forums and it sounds like I need to put it back into switch mode, but when I tried to follow the instructions I can't even identify the IP address on the app that was recommended (while connected for nr network). I have a USBC and wondering if I can connect directly the ruckus switch and fix it that way. I also have the unleashed app too. Please help. 
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

mangofish
New Contributor II

I was able to solve the issue. I identified the IP Address but it kept logging me into Unleashed rather than the router. I followed the instructions here to directly login to my switch.  https://community.ruckuswireless.com/t5/RUCKUS-Support-for-Lennar-Homes/How-to-console-in-the-ICX-71....

I think used the directions above to confirm it was in router and not switch mode and after following the commands, it has reset into switch mode and is now working properly. Just replying here in case anyone ends up having the same problem as it seems to be a common issue. 

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5

mangofish
New Contributor II

1000030885.jpg

1000030884.jpg

Hi @mangofish 

Greetings!!!

Thank you for contacting RUCKUS Lennar Home Community.

I hope you are doing well!!!

Thank you for the information you shared.

As per the case description, I understand that your RUCKUS setup is not working with the Intermittent Internet connection.

As I see from the pictures you shared, as per the Switch and Access Point light status they are in a normal state. 

As you mentioned, this issue may be due to the Routing code (SPR) on the Switch and needs to bring the Switch back to the Switching (SPS) code.

Please refer to the below RUCKUS Lennar Knowledge Base self-help article which will help you get this issue fixed.

https://community.ruckuswireless.com/t5/RUCKUS-Lennar-Support-Knowledge/Fixing-RUCKUS-ICX-7150-C12P-...

Please follow the process and let me know if you are stuck and need help at any point during the process.

Thank you again for your patience.

Best regards,

Imran Sanadi

RUCKUS Lennar Home Community.

Thank you for responding, but I'm still having trouble identifying the IP address even with the application and then the best way to access the CLI. Can I connect directly to the switch and do it that way?

mangofish
New Contributor II

I was able to solve the issue. I identified the IP Address but it kept logging me into Unleashed rather than the router. I followed the instructions here to directly login to my switch.  https://community.ruckuswireless.com/t5/RUCKUS-Support-for-Lennar-Homes/How-to-console-in-the-ICX-71....

I think used the directions above to confirm it was in router and not switch mode and after following the commands, it has reset into switch mode and is now working properly. Just replying here in case anyone ends up having the same problem as it seems to be a common issue.