cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

ICX7150 stuck in boot mode after power outage

mikeatta
Visitor

Hello,

My switch is stuck in boot more. I have tried resetting it with a paperclip 15 times and that did not work. I am now trying to upgrade the switch with a software recovery but I am getting stuck on the step using Putty to connect through COM3. When I try connecting through COM3, it is giving me the following error: "unable to open connection to COM3"

Can you please help me?

RUCKUS Forums - How to perform a Software recovery on an ICX7150 s... - CommScope RUCKUS Community F...

2 ACCEPTED SOLUTIONS

Hi @mikeatta 

Thank you for the response and the update.

As you are getting 'not alive' error may be due to the firewall that is enabled on your laptop.

Please refer to the below RUCKUS Lennar Knowledge Base self-help article on how to fix this issue.

https://community.ruckuswireless.com/t5/RUCKUS-Lennar-Support-Knowledge/Fixing-host-192-168-0-x-is-n...

Make sure to use ethernet cable (both ends RJ45 plugs) and USB to type C cable both connected together between the laptop and the Switch as described in steps 2 & 3 in the guide link. (Refer to the below screenshots)

Please let me know if that works or if you have any queries.

Thank you again. We appreciate your patience and understanding.

Best regards,

Imran Sanadi

RUCKUS Lennar Home Community

View solution in original post

That worked!! Thanks so much, both lights are green and all WAPs are restored power and internet is working again. Thank you!

View solution in original post

7 REPLIES 7

Hi @mikeatta 

Thank you for the response and the update.

As you are getting 'not alive' error may be due to the firewall that is enabled on your laptop.

Please refer to the below RUCKUS Lennar Knowledge Base self-help article on how to fix this issue.

https://community.ruckuswireless.com/t5/RUCKUS-Lennar-Support-Knowledge/Fixing-host-192-168-0-x-is-n...

Make sure to use ethernet cable (both ends RJ45 plugs) and USB to type C cable both connected together between the laptop and the Switch as described in steps 2 & 3 in the guide link. (Refer to the below screenshots)

Please let me know if that works or if you have any queries.

Thank you again. We appreciate your patience and understanding.

Best regards,

Imran Sanadi

That worked!! Thanks so much, both lights are green and all WAPs are restored power and internet is working again. Thank you!

Hi @mikeatta 

Thank you for your response and the update.

I'm glad to hear that the issue has been successfully resolved. 

We truly appreciate your time and patience throughout this process.

Please don’t hesitate to reach out to the RUCKUS Lennar Home Community team if you have any further questions or concerns in the future.

Wishing you a wonderful weekend ahead!

Best regards,
Imran Sanadi