cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

ICX7150 stuck in boot mode after power outage

mikeatta
Visitor

Hello,

My switch is stuck in boot more. I have tried resetting it with a paperclip 15 times and that did not work. I am now trying to upgrade the switch with a software recovery but I am getting stuck on the step using Putty to connect through COM3. When I try connecting through COM3, it is giving me the following error: "unable to open connection to COM3"

Can you please help me?

RUCKUS Forums - How to perform a Software recovery on an ICX7150 s... - CommScope RUCKUS Community F...

2 ACCEPTED SOLUTIONS

Hi @mikeatta 

Thank you for the response and the update.

As you are getting 'not alive' error may be due to the firewall that is enabled on your laptop.

Please refer to the below RUCKUS Lennar Knowledge Base self-help article on how to fix this issue.

https://community.ruckuswireless.com/t5/RUCKUS-Lennar-Support-Knowledge/Fixing-host-192-168-0-x-is-n...

Make sure to use ethernet cable (both ends RJ45 plugs) and USB to type C cable both connected together between the laptop and the Switch as described in steps 2 & 3 in the guide link. (Refer to the below screenshots)

Please let me know if that works or if you have any queries.

Thank you again. We appreciate your patience and understanding.

Best regards,

Imran Sanadi

RUCKUS Lennar Home Community

View solution in original post

That worked!! Thanks so much, both lights are green and all WAPs are restored power and internet is working again. Thank you!

View solution in original post

7 REPLIES 7

Imran_ruckus

Hi @mikeatta 

Greetings!!!

Thank you for reaching out to the RUCKUS Lennar Home Community. 

We appreciate your patience and understanding as we work to resolve the issues you are experiencing with your RUCKUS setup.

Based on the information provided, it appears that you are encountering issues when trying the Software Recovery of the RUCKUS ICX-7150-C12P Switch stuck in boot mode.

We apologize for any inconvenience this has caused and are committed to assisting you promptly.

Could you please share a screenshot of the COM port details from the device manager and the screenshot and PuTTY error when you are trying to access the COM port?

Please help me with the above queries and let me know if you have any queries regarding the same.

Thank you again for your patience.

Best regards,

Imran Sanadi

RUCKUS Lennar Home Community.

mikeatta_0-1729879215466.png

mikeatta_1-1729879259182.png

Hi @mikeatta 

Thank you for the response and the information.

The COM3 port you are using is not related to the RUCKUS ICX-7150-C12P Switch. The name of the Switch COM port must be 'Silicon Labs'

Please make sure to download the zip drive for the file below & "extract all". Once it's extracted, run the file, the driver should be installed using the 2 links below.

Link 1: https://support.ruckuswireless.com/software/1414-brocade-ruckus-7150-usb-serial-driver-windows

Link 2: silabs.com/developers/usb-to-uart-bridge-vcp-drivers?tab=downloads

Once the above drivers are installed, please restart your laptop and check the COM port details again with Switch connected to the laptop with the 2 Software Recovery cables.

Please check and let me know if that works.

Thank you again. We appreciate your patience and understanding.

Best regards,

Imran Sanadi

RUCKUS Lennar Home Community.

Thank you, I was able to connect, but I am not receiving the error in putty below "192.168.0.2 is not alive"

mikeatta_0-1729883719509.png