cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

ICX7150 managed switch failed again..!! Need help

rama9998
New Contributor

Hello, my managed switch ICX7150 failed again when there was a power drop for approximately 1 min. I am tired of this failing again every time there is  a power blip. So I am replacing it with a non-managed POE+ switch from a different brand. 

I still have my 2 APs from Ruckus - they are the R510s. Both of them are working (power is green, 5Ghz is green etc.etc.) But I need to manage them. Is there an app i can use? I have the unleashed app, but unable to access the APs through that app since it is not showing "Configure.Me-xxxx" in my wifi ssid options.

I guess it ie because it is not factory install - can someone please help me figure out a way to help manage these R510 APs ?

6 REPLIES 6

Imran_ruckus

Hi @rama9998 

Greetings!!!

Thank you for contacting Lennar Home Community.

Hope you are doing well!!!

Thank you for the information you shared.

From the case description, I could understand that your RUKCUS setup is not working every time after a power outage. 

To avoid this power outage issue with RUCKUS ICX-7150-C12P Switch, we need to upgrade the Switch to the latest stable version. To help you with the same, please help us with the below queries. 

Could you please let us know the answers to the below queries to assist you better?

1. On your switch while it's plugged into the outlet, do you see any lights on? (Amber or green) Please let us know which lights are on. (Please refer to the below picture and share a picture of the same showing the light status and the port connections)

2. Could you please let me know the light status on the Access Points? Any of these lights are on (Please refer to the below picture and share a picture of the same)

Please help us with pictures of your ICX-7150-C12P Switch showing the status of the lights. Also, light the status of Access Points.

Before uploading the photos please login to the RUCKUS account and you can upload the image.

Please let us know the answers to the above queries or if you have any queries in this regard.

Thank you again for your patience and understanding

Best regards,

Imran Sanadi

Lennar Home Community.

Same issue for me.  Here is what my switch currently looks like.  Please help.  

IMG_8551.jpeg

You keep asking the same standard quesrions again and again.. it is always power green and status yellow and no lights in the APs. Now you are going ro tell me to reset(press the reset pinhole and power recycle blah blah] which results in all lights blinking yellow forever. Here is when you will tell me that the software needs to be downloaded and send me instructions on how to do it(download putty blah blah) and at the end of it nothing works..

Hi  @rama9998 

Thank you for the response.

Hope you are doing well!!!

Apologies for the inconvenience. 

As a part of our process, we need all the answers asked in our previous post to assist you accordingly. 

As you mentioned, and we can see from the picture you shared there is an amber/orange light on the "SYST" and a green light on the "PWR" on the Switch. Meaning the Switch is stuck in the boot mode.

Basically, due to the power outage/ power spike, the switch went to a state that we call ‘boot mode’ that is not able to boot up properly. 

We suggest upgrading your switch to the latest stable version to avoid this issue in the future. Please let us know once you complete the below process to assist you with the Upgrade of the Switch.

Please follow the below steps in order to fix this issue:

First, we will try to reset the Switch as described below:

1. Please try to disconnect from the Power outlet the ICX-7150 and reconnect.

2. Please try to press the reset button using a paper click or a small stick 

• Remove power from the switch.
  • Press and hold the Reset button while applying power to the switch.
  • After all the system LEDs flash amber, release the Reset button.

Below is the Guide and Videos link for your reference:

https://docs.commscope.com/bundle/icx7150-installguide/page/GUID-D3B5DB74-53A7-4F8D-82F9-6EB600879EE...

Video link: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6jHMTdo_hK4

IF RESET DOESN’T WORK: Please follow the below steps.

If the reset does not make any difference, we need to perform a software recovery since it can be that the image flash is corrupted in basic words the unit is not able to boot up properly and need re-install the image to boot up properly.

Below is the Guide and Video Link to perform the Software recovery process:

Please refer to the below guide and Video link: 

https://community.ruckuswireless.com/t5/RUCKUS-Support-for-Lennar-Homes/How-to-perform-a-Software-re...

Video Link: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ql22blH_CGo

Please let me know if you have any queries in this regard.

Thank you again for your patience and understanding. 

Best regards,

Imran Sanadi

Lennar Home Community.