cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

ICX7150-c12p/R510x1 problem

Anaximandro
New Contributor II

I lost my wireless internet through AP. For reference, I still have internet service (wired and wireless through my spectrum modem/router).

I contacted Lennar/ring support and they were helpful to troubleshoot. We confirm the AP is good (by connecting directly to modem/router with external power, I can get a wireless signal from AP), checked ok the cable from switch to AP and reset system and individual components several times.

when connected through icx switch and rebooting, the AP power light keeps blinking green after completing the reboot process, with both lights (2.4 & 5) solid amber yellow; at this point I can’t get internet signal from AP.

lenar/ring support think problem is not hardware but rather a setting/software issue at the switch; since they couldn’t help me reset or troubleshoot further, their suggestion was to call ruckus directly. Called them but got the explanation they don’t provide phone support and direct me to this forum. Could you help me troubleshoot the switch?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Hi @Anaximandro 

This unit Should be RMA (return merchandise authorization) in simple words replace it.

Feel free to contact us via chat, comment you already have a post, copy the link from the post and paste it into the chat to start unit replacement.

https://support.ruckuswireless.com/contact-us

Best Regards 

Fernando Vasquez

View solution in original post

11 REPLIES 11

Trowman80
New Contributor

I have the same issue. Have you received a response/guidance?  

No response yet, will keep you posted if I learn something new. It would be sad to replace an $800 switch for a tp-link or net gear just because the available support…

Vásquez_Fer

Hi @Trowman80  

Hope you are doing well! 

Basically, the yellow light means that there are not clients connected on that specific Radio (5G or 2.4G) that depends where is the yellow light on.

Vsquez_Fer_0-1670332035328.jpeg

This does not mean that the Access Point is broken or damaged. 

Here is the meaning of each light on the Wireless Access Point

https://docs.commscope.com/bundle/unleashed-200.9-onlinehelp/page/GUID-19D4261B-D10B-4DE3-B63A-3498F...

Yellows light 2.4G: Radio is up, no clients are connected to the 2.4 GHz radio.
Yellows light 5G: Radio is up, no clients are connected to the 5 GHz radio.

So, if there is a device (iPhone) that is using the 5G radio, the light on the Access Point will be turning green on the 5G radio indicating that there is a client/device using that radio (5G)

More details for the radio 2.4G and 5G

A 2.4 GHz connection travels farther at lower speeds, while 5 GHz frequencies provide faster speeds at shorter range. What depends on whether to use 5g or 2.4G will depend on the end device (such as phones/pc/ring door/Mac devices/iPhone) They choose whether to use 2.4g or 5g auto. It will also depend on the network (Wi-Fi / SSID / WLAN ) configuration if it is 2.4 or 5G only

A lot of electronic devices and appliances use the 2.4 GHz frequency, including microwaves, baby monitors, security cameras, and garage door openers and phones.

Vsquez_Fer_2-1670332035337.png

Best Regards 

Fernando Vasquez 

Hi Fer!

I got that nothing is connected and the meaning of the yellow/amber lights. The issue seems to be the blinking green PWR light and the inability of the AP to get a signal. As I said in the original posting/question, we think we isolated the problem to the switch. The AP is working fine…

a theory, is that the switch may no be assigning an IP address to the AP? Any suggestion?