cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

ICX7150-C12 Device Disconnections and management

RyMoeller
New Contributor

Hello Everyone,

I have an ICX7150-C12 Switch and AP which came with the Lennar home I purchased back in April of 2020.  For about two years there was nothing to complain about but then the power went out for three or four seconds and the headaches began.

At the time things went bad the AP was the sole wireless access point for the house (it's a smaller 3 bedroom home) and all wireless devices showed connected when viewed by either the Unleashed app or using the AP web portal. However, the ICX switch, although connected, would not show in either the app or web portal nor would any devices connected directly to the switch. Communication over the network was very bad with devices being dropped from the constantly from network or blocked from receiving data when connected.

I disconnected the AP and moved wireless access to the AT&T gateway and this solved all the issues for wireless devices. Problems remained with devices connected through the ICX switch. The ICX switch is visible from the AT&T gateway's web portal but none of the devices connected through the switch are visible. Some connected devices, such as my NAS, can communicate over the network but connected devices cannot.  

I disconnected the ICX switch and moved all ethernet connected devices over to a cheap TP Link switch and this seemed to resolve the connectivity (and visibility) issues which leads me to believe the ICX switch was the problem all along.

I'm not sure if this is a hardware, software, or a configuration issue that I might have overlooked.  If anyone has some previous experience with such an issue and has suggestions for remediation I'll be all ears.

Thanks in advance for any feedback.

3 REPLIES 3

syamantakomer
Community Admin
Community Admin

Hi @RyMoeller,

I think you should try below steps and see if that helps.

1. Factory reset the switch.
  2. Upgrade it to recommended firmware version (to switch code, not router).
  3. Connect the switch to the gateway router/firewall, connect a client and test the performance.
  4. If things are looking good, connect the AP to switch and once this is done, you should be able to see switch in Unleased web portal. You will be able to manage the switch from Unleashed.

Since you have a gateway/router in the network, make sure you use the switch image for upgrade, not router. In router mode you may face many issues as you have a gateway already in the network and configuration of the SW in router mode will be much different than switch mode. 

Syamantak Omer
Sr.Staff TSE | CWNA | CCNA | RCWA | RASZA | RICXI
RUCKUS Networks, CommScope!
Follow me on LinkedIn

Well, I guess I may have a larger issue now as the switch is stuck in boot mode and will not load the primary or secondary image. I've seen a few guides online stepping through image restoration but I think I may be getting beyond my abilities here. Below are the error messages returned-

ICX7150-Boot>boot_primary
device 0 offset 0x0, size 0xc0000
BOOTING image from Primary

NAND read: device 0 offset 0x0, size 0x2000000
4 ecc_errors after reading 18b8000:18b9c00
iproc_nand_read_page returned 2
NAND read from offset 0 failed -22
 0 bytes read: ERROR
## Loading kernel from FIT Image at 70000200 ...
Bad FIT kernel image format!
ERROR: can't get kernel image!
could not boot from primary, no valid image; trying to boot from secondary
device 0 offset 0x0, size 0xc0000
BOOTING image from Secondary

NAND read: device 0 offset 0x4000000, size 0x2000000
1 ecc_errors after reading 5c62000:5c63000
iproc_nand_read_page returned 2
NAND read from offset 4000000 failed -22
 0 bytes read: ERROR
## Loading kernel from FIT Image at 70000200 ...
Bad FIT kernel image format!
ERROR: can't get kernel image!

Hi @RyMoeller,

Check the flash info (show flash) and "show version" outputs.

If you have access to switch CLI over the network, try upgrading the flash image and boot from it.

If you don't have network access, you may use a USB drive to upgrade the firmware.

Here is video guide which may help in upgrade process.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nMK-GqCiIu8 

Syamantak Omer
Sr.Staff TSE | CWNA | CCNA | RCWA | RASZA | RICXI
RUCKUS Networks, CommScope!
Follow me on LinkedIn