cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

ICX-7150-C12P won't boot. Yellow on SYST, Green on PWR

RobertU
New Contributor

Had an internet outage from our provider last night.  Ruckus doesn't appear to have reset.  Others in the community have reestablished their connections, so I'm not sure what's going on.  Called our Service Provider and they've indicated that the modem and router are working.  We can get connected to the SP Router, but it's local to the closet where it's installed (very poor connection in my home office on the other side of the house.  I've attempted a power reboot of the Ruckus multiple times.  All I'm getting is a yellow light on SYST and a green light on PWR.  According to what I've seen, that indicates it is stuck in the boot cycle.  I've unplugged the unit, pressed the reset button and plugged it back in numerous times.  I've finally gotten it to flash the LED's all yellow.  However, that's all they do.  Flash yellow continuously for 5+ minutes.

Any help is appreciated.  I don't understand much about computers.

RobertU

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Hi @RobertU 

Thank you for the response and the update.

Sometimes the Switch may require a hard reboot (disconnect and connect the switch from the power outlet). Once the Switch boots up, please try to connect all the cables to the Switch and check the Internet connectivity.

Thank you again for your patience and understanding.

Best regards,

Imran Sanadi

RUCKUS Lennar Home Community

View solution in original post

27 REPLIES 27

Hi @RobertU 

Greetings!!!

Thank you for contacting Lennar Home Community.

Hope you are doing well!!!

Thank you for the detailed information you shared.

As per the case description, I could understand that your RUCKUS setup is not working after a brief power outage. 

As you mentioned and I could see from the picture you shared, there is an amber/orange light on the "SYST" and a green light on the "PWR" on the Switch. Meaning the Switch is stuck in the boot mode.

Basically, due to the power outage/ power spike, the switch went to a state that we call ‘boot mode’ that is not able to boot up properly. 

Please follow the below steps to fix this issue:

First, we will try to reset the Switch as described below:

1. Please try to disconnect from the Power outlet the ICX-7150 and reconnect.

2. Please try to press the reset button using a paper click or a small stick 

• Remove power from the switch.
  • Press and hold the Reset button while applying power to the switch.
  • After all the system LEDs flash amber, release the Reset button.

Below is the Guide and Videos link for your reference:

https://docs.commscope.com/bundle/icx7150-installguide/page/GUID-D3B5DB74-53A7-4F8D-82F9-6EB600879EE...

Video link: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6jHMTdo_hK4

IF RESET IS NOT WORKING, PLEASE TRY TO RESET YOUR SWITCH MULTIPLE TIMES AS DESCRIBED ABOVE.

IF STILL RESET DOESN’T WORK: Please follow the below steps.

If the reset does not make any difference, we need to perform a software recovery since it can be that the image flash is corrupted in basic words the unit is not able to boot up properly and need re-install the image to boot up properly.

Below is the Guide and Video Link to perform the Software recovery process:

Please refer to the below guide and Video link: 

https://community.ruckuswireless.com/t5/RUCKUS-Support-for-Lennar-Homes/How-to-perform-a-Software-re...

Video Link: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ql22blH_CGo

Please let me know if you have any queries in this regard.

Thank you again for your patience.

Best regards,

Imran Sanadi

RUCKUS Lennar Home Community.

Imran,

THanks for your response.  As I indicated earlier, I am unsuccessful in rebooting or resetting and rebooting the switch.  It either goes into flashing LEDs continuously or nothing but the SYST and PWR LEDs lit as indicated in the title.  I have successfully connected the switch to my laptop using the console cable (USB to USB-C), and can see the ICX7150-Boot> prompt.  When I attempt to configure the network communication as described in the instructions, I run into the issue.

I do not have a standard Eithernet option within my Network Connections screen and don't know of how to get one.  I don't have a way to connect to my laptop using a wired connection except for what I'm doing with the USB-to-USB-C cable to the switch.  My connection to the internet is via WiFi at SpectrumSetup-A5 as shown here.Capture1.PNG

I've attempted to change the addresses for use to the WiFi connection, but I realize that this connection is going directly to my ISP provided switch/wifi which isn't connecting to the Ruckus because the Ruckus is stuck in BOOT mode.

How do I get that network connection in place (or do I even need it, since I have PuTTY responding to the USB-to-USB-C cable?  I don't know what my next step is.

Thanks,

Robert

Hi @RobertU 

Thank you for the response and the information you shared.

Please use ethernet cable (both ends RJ45 plugs) and USB to type C cable both together as described in steps 2 & 3 in the guide link. Request you follow the same and perform the software recovery process once again. And please share the screenshots of the error (if any) and please share a picture showing the connections between Switch and the Laptop.

Please let me know if you have any queries in this regard.

Thank you again for your patience.

Best regards,

Imran Sanadi

RUCKUS Lennar Home Community.

Imran,

As I've indicated above, my laptop does not have a port for an RJ45 connection.  I do have the Ruckus unit connected to the laptop via the USB-to-USB-C cable and am able to communicate with the device via PuTTY.  I've sent that screenshot where I've attempted to address the ICX7150's environment.  Here it is again.

IMG_0403.jpeg

As you can see, I was able to set all of the addresses, but these are based on the IP addresses from my wireless connection to my IPS provider switch and Wi-fi.  I do not have a Network Connection called "eithernet" where I can pick up IP information for a wired connection, because I cannot make a wired connection to my laptop.  When I try and confirm the connection through PuTTY, it says it is not alive.  

I don't know what the next step is.  How do I move on or get past this issue and get the "Alive" connection to the switch?

Robert

Here are the hardware photos. Purple cable is the USB-to-USB-C that goes from the ICX7150 to my laptop. I don’t have a RJ45 port on my laptop. Yellow lights on the switch have been flashing for the last two hours from the last hard reset attempt. 

IMG_0406.jpeg

IMG_0407.jpeg

IMG_0408.jpeg