cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

ICX-7150-C12P won't boot. Yellow on SYST, Green on PWR

RobertU
New Contributor

Had an internet outage from our provider last night.  Ruckus doesn't appear to have reset.  Others in the community have reestablished their connections, so I'm not sure what's going on.  Called our Service Provider and they've indicated that the modem and router are working.  We can get connected to the SP Router, but it's local to the closet where it's installed (very poor connection in my home office on the other side of the house.  I've attempted a power reboot of the Ruckus multiple times.  All I'm getting is a yellow light on SYST and a green light on PWR.  According to what I've seen, that indicates it is stuck in the boot cycle.  I've unplugged the unit, pressed the reset button and plugged it back in numerous times.  I've finally gotten it to flash the LED's all yellow.  However, that's all they do.  Flash yellow continuously for 5+ minutes.

Any help is appreciated.  I don't understand much about computers.

RobertU

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Hi @RobertU 

Thank you for the response and the update.

Sometimes the Switch may require a hard reboot (disconnect and connect the switch from the power outlet). Once the Switch boots up, please try to connect all the cables to the Switch and check the Internet connectivity.

Thank you again for your patience and understanding.

Best regards,

Imran Sanadi

RUCKUS Lennar Home Community

View solution in original post

27 REPLIES 27

Imran,

Turning off the firewall seems to have been effective.  I've been able to update the Primary, Secondary and Uboot files with the two files in the Update 08090k folder.  Here's a screenshot of this:

update_secondary.png  

I continued with the reset command and it appeared that everything was processing, but I started seeing messages about the TFTP session timeout and SSL Certificate part way through the firmware udpate.  See below.  (TFTP messages in YELLOW, SSL messages in PINK)

tftp_ssl.png

It appears that the reset is finished, but all I'm getting now is the SSL certificate message over and over.  It's not going back to a prompt.

finished.png

I am now seeing three green lights on the switch display in STAT, SYST and PWR.

What are the next steps?  I'm not sure if I should reboot (unplug power and let it reboot) or not at this point.

Thanks,

RobertU

Hi @RobertU 

Sometimes the Switch may require a hard reboot (disconnect and connect the switch from the power outlet). Once the Switch boots up, please try to connect all the cables to the Switch and check the Internet connectivity.

Thank you again for your patience and understanding.

Best regards,

Imran Sanadi

RUCKUS Lennar Home Community

Imran,

Thanks for all of your help on this.  I've done a hard reboot (unplug and replug in power) and it is working.  I've got power to my two APs and they are transmitting.  I've been able to log into the Ruckus Unleashed application and confirm update the IP Address and time from the full system resets that I've performed to bring everything back.  Thanks again for all of your help with this issue!

RobertU

Hi @RobertU 

Great!!! Good to know that the issue is now resolved. 

We appreciate your time and patience on this case.

Thank you again for contacting RUCKUS Lennar Home Community and feel free to contact us for future queries.

Have a great day ahead!!!

Best regards,

Imran Sanadi

RUCKUS Lennar Home Community.

Hi @rojasivan 

Greetings!!!

Thank you for contacting RUCKUS Lennar Home Community.

Hope you are doing well

Effective November’2022, ‘Ruckus Support for Lennar Homes customers will no longer be handled by phone or email. We will be exclusively supporting customers via this community forum support model only.

As this case is raised by @RobertU 

To avoid confusion with posts, you can create your own post with the problem you're facing and a detailed description of the network issue and what you've done so that we can guide you properly.

Thank you again for understanding.

Best regards,

Imran Sanadi

RUCKUS Lennar Home Community.