cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

ICX-7150-C12P won't boot. Yellow on SYST, Green on PWR

RobertU
New Contributor

Had an internet outage from our provider last night.  Ruckus doesn't appear to have reset.  Others in the community have reestablished their connections, so I'm not sure what's going on.  Called our Service Provider and they've indicated that the modem and router are working.  We can get connected to the SP Router, but it's local to the closet where it's installed (very poor connection in my home office on the other side of the house.  I've attempted a power reboot of the Ruckus multiple times.  All I'm getting is a yellow light on SYST and a green light on PWR.  According to what I've seen, that indicates it is stuck in the boot cycle.  I've unplugged the unit, pressed the reset button and plugged it back in numerous times.  I've finally gotten it to flash the LED's all yellow.  However, that's all they do.  Flash yellow continuously for 5+ minutes.

Any help is appreciated.  I don't understand much about computers.

RobertU

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Hi @RobertU 

Thank you for the response and the update.

Sometimes the Switch may require a hard reboot (disconnect and connect the switch from the power outlet). Once the Switch boots up, please try to connect all the cables to the Switch and check the Internet connectivity.

Thank you again for your patience and understanding.

Best regards,

Imran Sanadi

RUCKUS Lennar Home Community

View solution in original post

27 REPLIES 27

Hi @RobertU 

Thank you for the information you shared.

Could you please enter the command 'reset' when you are getting ICX7150-Boot>reset as shown in the below screenshot?

Please let me know if you have any queries in this regard.

Thank you again for your patience.

Best regards,

Imran Sanadi

RUCKUS Lennar Home Community.

Imran,

Thanks for responding.  I've done a restart on all of the hardware (switch and laptop) and have attempted the 'reset' command from the ICX7150-Boot> prompt and received the following: PuTTY-Reset Cmd.PNG

Still the same results when I tried to update_primary command (with the sps08090k.bin file).PuTTy-UpdatePrimary.PNG

Anything else that I can try?

Thanks,

RobertU

Hi @RobertU 

Greetings!!!

Thank you for the detailed information you shared.

Could you please provide an image/photo of where you are trying to connect Ethernet from ICX 7150 - C12P  and USB type C to USB to the PC? (Physical setup) like the following example: 

AND

Thank you again for your patience.

Best regards,

Imran Sanadi

Imran,

Sorry for the delay in responding.  

I've switched to an older computer that has an eithernet port and have installed PuTTY and TFTP.  Everything looks correct when I set the environment on the switch, but I'm unable to get the 'alive' message.  Here is a picture with the COM port (yellow), TFTP settings (and directory) (green), IP settings (blue) and PuTTY environment and PING response.

Screenshot_Laptop_Ruckus.jpg

I've also included photos of the laptop connection and the Ruckus.  The PINK cable is the USB-to-USB-C and the YELLOW is the Eithernet cable.image_67205377.JPGimage_67206913.JPG

Please let me know if you can provide assistance with getting the "Alive" message so that I can attempt to transfer the software up to the switch.

Thanks,

RobertU

Hi @RobertU 

Greetings!!!

Hope you are doing well!!!

Thank you for the detailed information you shared,

As "host 192.168.0.2 is not alive"

Are you turning off the Windows firewall? If not, please turn off the Windows firewall and retry the software recovery process once again.

Please refer to the below link on how to turn off the Windows firewall:

https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/turn-microsoft-defender-firewall-on-or-off-ec0844f7-aebd...

Thank you again for your patience and understanding.

Best regards,

Imran Sanadi