cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

ICX-7150-C12P won't boot. Yellow on SYST, Green on PWR

RobertU
New Contributor

Had an internet outage from our provider last night.  Ruckus doesn't appear to have reset.  Others in the community have reestablished their connections, so I'm not sure what's going on.  Called our Service Provider and they've indicated that the modem and router are working.  We can get connected to the SP Router, but it's local to the closet where it's installed (very poor connection in my home office on the other side of the house.  I've attempted a power reboot of the Ruckus multiple times.  All I'm getting is a yellow light on SYST and a green light on PWR.  According to what I've seen, that indicates it is stuck in the boot cycle.  I've unplugged the unit, pressed the reset button and plugged it back in numerous times.  I've finally gotten it to flash the LED's all yellow.  However, that's all they do.  Flash yellow continuously for 5+ minutes.

Any help is appreciated.  I don't understand much about computers.

RobertU

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Hi @RobertU 

Thank you for the response and the update.

Sometimes the Switch may require a hard reboot (disconnect and connect the switch from the power outlet). Once the Switch boots up, please try to connect all the cables to the Switch and check the Internet connectivity.

Thank you again for your patience and understanding.

Best regards,

Imran Sanadi

RUCKUS Lennar Home Community

View solution in original post

27 REPLIES 27

Hi @FOTV 

Greetings!!!

Thank you for contacting RUCKUS Lennar Home Community.

Hope you are doing well

As this case is raised by @RobertU 

To avoid confusion with posts, you can create your own post with the problem you're facing and a detailed description of the network issue and what you've done so that we can guide you properly.

Thank you again for understanding.

Best regards,

Imran Sanadi

RUCKUS Lennar Home Community.

All,

Still unable to boot my Ruckus ICX7150-C12P switch.  Here are the latest:

I purchased a USB to Eithernet adapter in order to plug the eithernet cable from the port on the switch into my laptop.  I can now get the "alive" message from the switch via PuTTy.  I've attempted to upload the two .bin files from my laptop to the switch and these appear to be unsuccessful.  I keep getting "T  T  T  T  T  T..." responses during the update attempts with "Retry count exceeded; starting again" message.  I've attached the following images:

Screenshot of PuTTY that showed after attempting a reset on the switchRUCKUS_BOOT_UP.PNG

Directory where updated files were placed:

Update Directory.PNG

Configuration of TFTP Software:

TFTP screen pointing to switch.PNG

I haven't been able to locate any information about uploading/updating these files to the switch.  Can you assist on what my next steps need to be?

Thanks

RobertU

Sorry, forgot to attach the image of the update attempts.PuTTY-Update Failures.PNGPuTTY-Env Setup.PNG

Hi @RobertU 

Greetings!!!

Thank you for the response and the update.

Seems like during the software recovery process it’s not fetching the image which you downloaded, due to which there is an error “Retry count exceeded; starting again”. 

Please check and make sure you have created a separate image folder for 2 files mnz10115.bin and SPS08090k.bin as highlighted in the screenshot below. (Folder name is ‘Upgrade’ in below screenshot example)

Also please make sure, TFTP is correctly configured with the correct folder (folder of 2 files mnz10115.bin and SPS08090k.bin) and Server interfaces as marked in the below screenshot as an example.

Please check and retry the software recovery process once again. And let me know if you have any queries in this regard.

Thank you again for your patience.

Best regards,

Imran Sanadi

RUCKUS Lennar Home Community.

Imran,

Those screenshot were provided I’m my 5/21 message at 9:14 AM.  I originally tried to the folder ‘Upgrade’ and tried a second time (repeating the download steps to getting the file from Ruckus, unzipping and creating a second directory called ‘Upgrade to 08090k’) without success. 

What other options or steps can I do to try and transfer these to the switch?

RobertU