cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

ICX 7150-C12P-2X1G - System: U1-MSG: PoE Severe Error: PD on port 1/1/x

PMcCaw
New Contributor

Hi Ruckus Pack, 

I live in a Lennar Community, and have recently ran in to a problem with our ICX 7150-C12P-2X1G unit.

I am encountering this error on the unit: 
"System: U1-MSG: PoE Severe Error: PD on port 1/1/12 cannot be powered due to power being injected on another port of this unit. Configure "no inline power" on all Switch to Switch connected ports of this unit and peer unit(s) to resolve the issue."

I removed all the other devices were plugged into the unit, and test each AP individually, and I see the same error across different ports.  

I have tried power cycles and even factory resets to no avail, I was able to upgrade to the latest firmware, but it did not resolve the problem either.

Running Image Version: SW: Version 08.0.95jT211
Running Boot Image Version: 10.1.26T225, size=786944

Both of my APs are down due to no power.  I tested the AP with a separate power adapter and moving the ethernet cord to the non-PoE eth port on the AP, both AP came online. 

Any help would be appreciated.

Thank you,
Patrick

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Hi @PMcCaw 

Thank you for the response and for sharing the requested information.

Based on the troubleshooting done, your ICX-7150-C12P Switch has PoE issues with its multiple ports. We tried to power on them from CLI multiple times and there is a ‘voltage applied from the ext src’ error even if the port is not plugged in by any devices. PoE devices are not getting power even though the port is ON. The Switch is on the latest version.  However, the failure persists. This unit Should be RMA (Return Merchandise Authorization) in simple words replacing it.

Feel free to contact us via chat, comment you already have a post, copy the link from the post (URL) and paste it into the chat to start the unit replacement.

Please follow the below steps as shown in the below example:

As shown in the below picture, copy the link and share it via chat from the link provided below:

The below link is to contact us by chat (only)

https://support.ruckuswireless.com/contact-us

NOTE: Please feel free to mark the post as ACCEPTED SOLUTIONS.

Please let me know if you have any queries in this regard.

Thank you again for your patience and understanding.

Best regards,

Imran Sanadi

RUCKUS Lennar Home Community.

View solution in original post

19 REPLIES 19

Hi @PMcCaw 

Thank you for the response and the update.

The Access Point connected port 1/1/12 is not active, mostly because of the defective ethernet cable. Please replace the ethernet cable with a working one connected between the AP and the Switch on 1/1/12 and check.

And for the port 1/1/2 please check once again if any device connected to the Switch on this port is connected to a DC power supply from a power outlet. As we are seeing an error as “voltage applied from the external source”. The Switch ports are PoE enabled it causes such issues if power is applied externally. 

Please check and let me know if you have any queries in this regard.

Thank you again for your patience.

Best regards,

Imran Sanadi

PMcCaw
New Contributor

Hi Imran,

Please see photo below, there is no device plugged in to port 1/1/2 (red), and I still have the same response "1/1/2 On Off 0 0 n/a n/a 3 voltage applied from ext src ".
image2.jpeg

As for port 1/1/12 (yellow), I work in the communication industry and have ethernet testers,  the test is showing the ethernet cable to be good and it seem to be working as expected.

To be sure I did take my APs port PoE (yellow) and connect directly to the ICX 7150 port 1/1/12 (yellow) and have the same results no power via PoE APs are down, I check with both APs (see photos), also in the photo you can see port 1/1/2 (red) is empty.

image1-1.jpegimage0-1.jpeg 

Thank you,

Patrick 

Hi @PMcCaw 

Greetings of the day!!!

Thank you for the response and the update.

Could you please perform PoE commands one more time and check, as you did before?

Switch>enable
No password has been assigned yet...
Switch#configure terminal
Switch(config)#interface ethernet 1/1/1 to 1/1/12
Switch(config-mif-1/1/1-1/1/12)#no inline power (please wait till the process gets complete)

Switch(config-mif-1/1/1-1/1/12)#inline power (please wait till the process gets complete and check)

Please check, confirm and let me know if you have any queries in this regard.

Best regards,

Imran Sanadi

PMcCaw
New Contributor

Hi @Imran,

It is still not working.

I disconnected all devices except:

1. A laptop (port 1/1/8),
  2. PoE Ring doorbell (Port 1/1/9),
  3. PoE Ruckus AP direct connected via 3 ft jumper to (port 1/1/12).
Port 1/1/1 emptyPort 1/1/3 EmptyPort 1/1/5 EmptyPort 1/1/7 EmptyPort 1/1/9 PoE Ring Doorbell not working Port 1/1/11 Empty
Port 1/1/2 EmptyPort 1/1/4 EmptyPort 1/1/6 Empty

Port 1/1/8 Laptop working

Port 1/1/10 EmptyPort 1/1/12 PoE Arris AP not working

SSH@ICX7150-C12 Switch(config-mif-1/1/1-1/1/12)# no inline power
SSH@ICX7150-C12 Switch(config-mif-1/1/1-1/1/12)#
SSH@ICX7150-C12 Switch(config-mif-1/1/1-1/1/12)#show inline power

Power Capacity: Total is 124000 mWatts. Current Free is 124000 mWatts.

Power Allocations: Requests Honored 1 times

Port Admin Oper ---Power(mWatts)--- PD Type PD Class Pri Fault/
State State Consumed Allocated Error
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------
1/1/1 Off Off 0 0 n/a n/a 3 n/a
1/1/2 Off Off 0 0 n/a n/a 3 n/a
1/1/3 Off Off 0 0 n/a n/a 3 n/a
1/1/4 Off Off 0 0 n/a n/a 3 n/a
1/1/5 Off Off 0 0 n/a n/a 3 n/a
1/1/6 Off Off 0 0 n/a n/a 3 n/a
1/1/7 Off Off 0 0 n/a n/a 3 n/a
1/1/8 Off Non-PD 0 0 n/a n/a 3 n/a <-- Laptop
1/1/9 Off Off 0 0 n/a n/a 3 n/a
1/1/10 Off Off 0 0 n/a n/a 3 n/a
1/1/11 Off Off 0 0 n/a n/a 3 n/a
1/1/12 Off Off 0 0 n/a n/a 3 n/a
Total 0 0

SSH@ICX7150-C12 Switch(config-mif-1/1/1-1/1/12)#inline power
SSH@ICX7150-C12 Switch(config-mif-1/1/1-1/1/12)#
SSH@ICX7150-C12 Switch(config-mif-1/1/1-1/1/12)#show inline power

Power Capacity: Total is 124000 mWatts. Current Free is 124000 mWatts.

Power Allocations: Requests Honored 11 times

Port Admin Oper ---Power(mWatts)--- PD Type PD Class Pri Fault/
State State Consumed Allocated Error
1/1/1 On Off 0 0 n/a n/a 3 voltage applied from ext src <-- No Device connected to port
1/1/2 On Off 0 0 n/a n/a 3 voltage applied from ext src <-- No Device connected to port
1/1/3 On Off 0 0 n/a n/a 3 n/a
1/1/4 On Off 0 0 n/a n/a 3 n/a
1/1/5 On Off 0 0 n/a n/a 3 n/a
1/1/6 On Off 0 0 n/a n/a 3 n/a
1/1/7 On Off 0 0 n/a n/a 3 n/a
1/1/8 On Non-PD 0 0 n/a n/a 3 n/a <-- Laptop
1/1/9 On Off 0 0 n/a n/a 3 n/a <-- PoE Ring Doorbell connected, but not receiving power.
1/1/10 On Off 0 0 n/a n/a 3 n/a
1/1/11 On Off 0 0 n/a n/a 3 n/a
1/1/12 On Off 0 0 n/a n/a 3 n/a <-- PoE Arris AP with 3ft jumper direct connected, but not receiving power.
Total 0 0

I am seeing this in the log on the GUI

Apr 11 23:26:02 critical System: U1-MSG: PoE Severe Error: Power being injected on port 1/1/2. No new PDs can get powered on this unit.Configure "no inline power" on all Switch to Switch connected ports of this unit and peer unit(s) to resolve the issue.
Apr 11 23:26:02 critical System: U1-MSG: PoE Severe Error: Power being injected on port 1/1/1. No new PDs can get powered on this unit.Configure "no inline power" on all Switch to Switch connected ports of this unit and peer unit(s) to resolve the issue.

It looks like the same results as last Friday.

1.) Voltage applied from ext src on port 1/1/1 and 1/1/2 - When No Devices are connected to either port
2.) No PoE power to different devices, on port 1/1/9 or 1/1/12 with PoE enabled on all ports, (tested different devices and ethernet cables).

Thank you,

Patrick

Hi @PMcCaw 

Thank you for the response and for sharing the requested information.

Based on the troubleshooting done, your ICX-7150-C12P Switch has PoE issues with its multiple ports. We tried to power on them from CLI multiple times and there is a ‘voltage applied from the ext src’ error even if the port is not plugged in by any devices. PoE devices are not getting power even though the port is ON. The Switch is on the latest version.  However, the failure persists. This unit Should be RMA (Return Merchandise Authorization) in simple words replacing it.

Feel free to contact us via chat, comment you already have a post, copy the link from the post (URL) and paste it into the chat to start the unit replacement.

Please follow the below steps as shown in the below example:

As shown in the below picture, copy the link and share it via chat from the link provided below:

The below link is to contact us by chat (only)

https://support.ruckuswireless.com/contact-us

NOTE: Please feel free to mark the post as ACCEPTED SOLUTIONS.

Please let me know if you have any queries in this regard.

Best regards,

Imran Sanadi