cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Firmware Upgrade for ICX7150-C12 Switch - Need help locating Firmware version and help upgrading

MiSNemesis
New Contributor

I have a ICX 7150 since 2020 and was never upgraded.  I am at a lost as to how to locate the version and then what upgrade is necessary to use.  Any help would be appreciated.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Jayavidhya

Hi @MiSNemesis 

The recommended firmware version for ICX 7150 Switch is SPS08095dufi.bin 

Please follow the below guides to perform an upgrade to the code 08095g UFI and upgrade both partitions with the switching code file named SPS08095gufi.bin to avoid the issues in future.

1.Upgrade a Switch ICX-7150-C12P using a USB flash drive

https://community.ruckuswireless.com/t5/RUCKUS-Support-for-Lennar-Homes/How-to-Upgrade-a-Switch-ICX-...

2. Upgrade a Switch ICX7150-C12P via TFTP

https://community.ruckuswireless.com/t5/RUCKUS-Support-for-Lennar-Homes/How-to-Upgrade-a-Switch-ICX-...

3. Upgrade a switch via Web GUI (ICX7150 Switch)

https://community.ruckuswireless.com/t5/RUCKUS-Support-for-Lennar-Homes/How-to-perform-an-Upgrade-vi...

Please let us know if you have any queries in this regard.

Best regards,

Jayavidhya

Lennar Home Community

View solution in original post

36 REPLIES 36

Hi @MiSNemesis 

Greetings!!!

Thank you for the response and the update.

As I can see from the details you shared, your Switch is on the SPS08090d.bin Version.

Now please get the file SPS08095gufi.bin in place 08095hufi.bin (mentioned in the guide) file downloading it from the portal (Please refer to the below screenshot).

SPS08095gufi.bin – Pending 

Please follow the below commands as mentioned in the above guide as well:

“copy tftp flash <tftp ip address> SPS08095gufi.bin primary”             -    (upgrade the image)

“Show flash”                                                             -  (check the primary flash has the new code)

“Write memory”                                                                                                     -  (save the changes)

“boot system flash primary”                                            -   (boot the Switch with the new code)

After the Switch comes back, run the next final command to copy what is in the primary partition to the secondary because we need that both partitions match.

"copy flash flash secondary"   - (will copy what is in the primary)

Please let me know if you have any queries in this regard.

Thank you again for your patience and understanding.

Best regards,

Imran Sanadi

RUCKUS Lennar Home Community.

SSH@ICX7150-C12 Switch>show flash
Stack unit 1:
NAND Type: Micron NAND 2GiB (x 1)
Compressed Pri Code size = 31457280, Version:08.0.95jT211 (SPS08095j.bin)
Compressed Sec Code size = 31457280, Version:08.0.95jT211 (SPS08095j.bin)
Compressed Pri Boot Code size = 786944, Version:10.1.26T225 (mnz10126)
Compressed Sec Boot Code size = 786944, Version:10.1.26T225 (mnz10126)
Code Flash Free Space = 1111314432
SSH@ICX7150-C12 Switch>

Looks like the Flash update worked.  Only issue now after the reboot is that some of my network cables on the switch are working.  My 2 APs are not powering on at all.

Hi @MiSNemesis 

Thank you for the response and the information.

Great!!! Now your Switch is upgraded to the Latest Version.

Could you please let me know if you are able to connect to the Internet via RUCKUS Setup and Are your Access Points up?

Please confirm and let me know if you have any queries in this regard.

Thank you again for your patience and understanding.

Best regards,

Imran Sanadi

Ok, only a few lights are on.  My computer can connect to the Internet but my Access points are not up.

Hi @MiSNemesis 

Thank you for the response.

Please enter the below commands once you log in to CLI and share the output.

Note: Hit Enter to accept each command 

enable

show version

show flash
show inline power 
show inline power detail 

Please share the output of the above commands or share the screenshots if stuck at any step or error (if any) and let me know if you have any queries in this regard.

Thank you again for your patience.

Best regards,

Imran Sanadi