cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

No switch but 2 Aps

showron
New Contributor

Are lennar homes supposed to come with a switch? I have 2 Aps but no switch and not sure if I need to buy a switch or I can use my APs with ethernet cables. I don't want to spend 500 on a switch if I do not have to. 

3 REPLIES 3

Imran_ruckus

Hi @showron 

Greetings!!!

Thank you for contacting Lennar Home Community.

Hope you are doing well!!!

As per the case description, I could understand that you need assistance in knowing Lennar Home RUCKUS Setup.

Usually, RUCKUS Setup at Lennar Home consists of a Modem, Router, or Modem-Router Combo from your ISP (Internet Service Provider) and RUCKUS ICX-7150-C12P Switch with RUCKUS Access Points from RUCKUS setup by Lennar.

Please refer to the short guide link below about devices and how to connect the devices as a reference:

Most common Setups for Lennar homes users:

https://community.ruckuswireless.com/t5/RUCKUS-Support-for-Lennar-Homes/Most-common-Setups-for-Lenna...

Please let me know if you have any queries in this regard.

Thank you again for your patience.

Best regards,

Imran Sanadi

RUCKUS Lennar Home Community.

showron
New Contributor

Hi, can you answer the question specifically, you stated most common. However, is is mandatory that you need a RUCKUS ICX-7150-C12P Switch? Or can you use a PoE switch from another brand?

Hi @showron 

Thank you for the response.

Yes, you can connect the RUCKUS Access Points to the other Vendor Switches. However, you cannot see the Switch details and connectivity in the RUCKUS Access Point’s Unleashed Network management system. Since Unleashed only supports RUCKUS ICX Switches.

Please let me know if you have any queries in this regard.

Thank you again for your patience.

Best regards,

Imran Sanadi

RUCKUS Lennar Home Community.