cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Factory Reset Unsuccessful

Wxdude
New Contributor

I have a Ruckus ICX 7150-C12P unit that shows a solid green light (PWR) and a solid amber light (SYST). I have tried a factory reset multiple times, but the lights always return to this configuration. Looking at other posts, I see instructions on how to correct a software problem. Unfortunately I am not computer-savvy and most of the instructions read like a foreign language to me. I have a Mac and I am totally lost in these instructions. Do you have any advice for someone like me who needs a little extra help in understanding my next steps?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Hi @Wxdude 

Greetings!!!

Thank you for the response and for sharing the requested information.

Based on the troubleshooting done, you confirmed, and we saw that after the reset, booting up the Switch, and after trying the software recovery process, the failure persists with no response from the management port on CLI. This Switch unit Should be RMA (Return Merchandise Authorization) in simple words replacing it.

Feel free to contact us via chat, comment you already have a post, copy the link from the post (URL) and paste it into the chat to start the unit replacement.

Please follow the below steps as shown in the below example:

As shown in the below picture, copy the link and share it via chat from the link provided below:

The below link is to contact us by chat (only)

https://support.ruckuswireless.com/contact-us

NOTE: Please feel free to mark the post as ACCEPTED SOLUTIONS

Please let me know if you have any queries in this regard.

Thank you again and we appreciate your patience.

Best regards,

Imran Sanadi

RUCKUS Lennar Home Community.

View solution in original post

12 REPLIES 12

Hi @Wxdude 

Thank you for the response and the update. 

Could you please reboot your Switch once (disconnect and connect the switch from the power outlet) and try to access CLI?

Please try with other COM Ports as well (COM4, COM5 etc., available in list)

If still you are getting the same result, I request you please download the MobaXterm app similar to Putty and perform the same operation once again there.

Below is the link to download the MobaXterm application:

Mobaxterm: https://mobaxterm.mobatek.net/download-home-edition.html

Please check and let me know if you have any queries in this regard.

Thank you again. We appreciate your patience and understanding. 

Best regards,

Imran Sanadi

Thank you for the suggestions. I have done as you have suggested--rebooted the Switch and tried to access CLI. I tried it will all the other ports. I got the same result and downloaded the MobaXterm app and tried the operation again with the same results as you can see from the attached screenshot. I am open to any to any other suggestions you might have, but so far I am still without a working Ruckus Switch.COM 1.png

Wxdude
New Contributor

Imran, thank you for your help thus far. Are we out of options? Should we initiate a return of the unit? 

Hi @Wxdude 

Greetings of the day!!!

Thank you for the response and the update.

Please help us with the PICTURES and VIDEO consisting of the following process mentioned below:

Single Video should consist of –

1. Showing Physical cables setup between Switch and the Laptop.

2. Showing IP configurations.

3. Showing Device Manager COM port information.

4. And accessing CLI/Console using Putty by the Switch COM port.

Please use the below link to upload a VIDEO:

https://drive.google.com/drive/folders/16lG-j0MSKzjqBJSY4rsgh4myUlseA9bz?usp=sharing

Please let me know if you have any queries in this regard.

Thank you again for your patience and understanding. 

Best regards,

Imran Sanadi

Thank you, Imran. A video showing the elements you asked for has been uploaded to the link you specified. Please advise me on how to proceed.