cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Connection issues

daniel_deusterm
New Contributor II

We've been having intermittent outages since July '22. Everything on the ISP end is good. Last year we had our switch replaced do to faulty firmware. I cannot for the life of me figure out what the issue is. We lose connection and the equipment power cycles. Connection loss lasts anywhere from a few minutes to an hour or more. Some days are fine, other days it won't stay connected for more than a few minutes at a time. Connection loss happens on both wired and wireless.

ICX7150-C12P

3x R320

50 REPLIES 50

Hi @daniel_deusterm 

Ok, no problem, it's just to compare the wireless environment, because so far the wired signal is fine, so the changes can help, and the wireless environment have problems, for them create the two new SSID, but each one with different signal (2.4 and 5G only) causing that when you test for each one the connected device will only take one signal, and so we can see if the problem is in both or only one, finally make the changes and retest.

Note: do you have this issue since you got the house, or something have changed?, because there is a possibility that there is something in the environment that is causing the problems.

Best regards,

Yarenis Hernández

Technical Support Engineer | L2 TAC Wired

We've been having this issue since July. We had other issues before that. New house, our first issue was about 6 months after we moved in. Switch was RMA. A few months later the waps we're shutoff by user error. Wave Tech helped turn them back on and optimize network. No issues until July.  Nothing that I'm aware of changed. We had a couple power outages this summer.

Hi @daniel_deusterm 

Understand, let’s follow up the steps I have provided if not we required those logs, so you can gather them and pasted in the post one by one, but first lets made the changes.

Best regards,

Yarenis Hernández

I don't have the time to learn how to do this today.

Hi @daniel_deusterm 

No worries, when you have time, make the changes and test.

Best regards,

Yarenis Hernández