cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Amber light

Iabach22
New Contributor

I have a ICX 7150-C12P ruckus with connection to two WAP. One WAP has all green lights except for Air (I assume is working fine), the other has the power showing green, 2 Amber lights for 2.4 G and 5G and no lights for AIr and CTL.  For this WAP, I’ve tried unplugging the WAP and replugging in.  I’ve also tried using different ports on the Ruckus box and get same result.  How can I fix this?

3 REPLIES 3

Sgatjens

Hello @labach22

Based on the description, the second WAP is fine and well-configured. The light on AIR should be off. The CTL is only lit up on the WAP that has the roll as master (this is the way you can distinguish the master and the slave). The Radios 2.4 and 5g are Amber when the WAP is configured but no clients are connected to that specific radio or WAP. 

radios.PNG

Greetings!

Iabach22
New Contributor

What’s does it mean no clients connected?  How do you make connections if I need to?  Prior to the reboot, those two Amber lights were green…

Hi @Iabach22 

Amber= the radio signal is on, but you have no devices connected (phone, computer so ion)
Green: when you connect your first device to the SSID/Wi-Fi signal coming from the Access Point)if you cannot even see your SSID/Wi-Fi, by default not clients will be connected.
PREVIEW

1:You need to check the connection between the ISP router to the Ruckus ICX7150 Switch, because if this connection it's not working you will never get internet connection, just the AP will be powering up, because the Switch will provide power only.
Yarenis_0-1668473866973.png

Best regards,

Yarenis Hernández

Technical Support Engineer | L2 TAC Wired