cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Admin State: On ; Oper State: non-PD

Bibong808
New Contributor

Hello,

First off, I previously put a post about my ruckus not allowing for recovery and was unable to reply due to being away for work. I am very sorry for not responding and really appreciate the timely responses that I received from you guys. 

Secondly, I was able to hard reset my Ruckus device to be able to use Putty. It showed that the admin state was on for all terminals, but showed non-PD for the oper state. I have pictures to show if needed, but my Switch connection was cut again so I no longer have access to Putty. I am trying to hard reset it again, but it may take a while to get back again.\

Why does the Oper state say non-pd and how do I repair that? I have a ICX-7150-C12P Switch. I appreciate your time and I ensure that I respond in a timely manner when I get a response this time. I apologize again and I thank you all very much in advance.

Sincerely, Frederick 

21 REPLIES 21

Hello @Bibong808 ,

Greetings!

Thank you for your response and glad to know that the SPR issue is resolved now.

We suggest upgrading your switch to the latest stable version to avoid this issue in the future. Your Switch is on an older version that is 08080d.

Please follow the below RUCKUS Lennar Knowledge base self-help article which will help you to upgrade the switch to the recommended version

https://community.ruckuswireless.com/t5/RUCKUS-Lennar-Support-Knowledge/How-to-upgrade-RUCKUS-ICX-71...

Please follow the process explained in the article and let me know if you have any queries in this regard.

Thank you again. We appreciate your patience and understanding.

Best regards,

Pinky Rajendran

RUCKUS Lennar Home Community.

Hello,

So I have completed the upgrade and it is all up to date now, but I’m still seeing Non-PD and not getting power. Do you know if there’s any solution after doing all that I’ve done? 

Respectfully, Frederick 

Hello @Bibong808 ,

Greetings!

Thank you for sharing the response.

I am glad to know that the upgrade is completed and is upto date now.

I would request you to please unplug and plug all the ethernet cables from the Switch into 12 ports (please refer to the below screenshot) and confirm if it is working.

Also, I would request you to please login to the CLI of the Switch and share the output of the below commands.

enable 

show version

show flash

show inline power

show inline power detail

show interface brief

Please share the output of the above commands or share the screenshots if stuck at any step or error (if any) and let me know if you have any queries in this regard.

Thank you again. We appreciate your patience and understanding.

Best regards,

Pinky Rajendran

RUCKUS Lennar Home Community.

Screenshot 2024-08-15 181007.pngScreenshot 2024-08-15 181132.pngScreenshot 2024-08-15 181222.pngScreenshot 2024-08-15 181256.png

Hello @Bibong808 ,

Greetings!

Thank you for sharing the response.

May I please know if you have unplugged and plugged in back the AP ethernet cable from the 12 ports of the Switch?

If not, please unplug and re-plug the cable and check if you are getting power to the Access point.

If that doesn’t work, I would request you to please follow the below commands from the CLI to disable and enable the PoE on the Switch ports.

Switch>enable
No password has been assigned yet...
Switch#configure terminal
Switch(config)#interface ethernet 1/1/1 to 1/1/12
Switch(config-mif-1/1/1-1/1/12)#no inline power    (disables the power on all ports in sometime)

Switch(config-mif-1/1/1-1/1/12)#inline power (enables back the power on all ports)

Please let us know if you have any queries in this regard.

Thank you for your patience and understanding.

Regards,

Pinky Rajendran

RUCKUS Lennar Home Community