cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Added new router. Internet drops frequently

Ruckus611
New Contributor

I have ruckus 7510-C12p with 2 R510 APs on each floor. Replaced router to Netgear AX1800. Internet drops frequently.

16 REPLIES 16

AP2 upstairsAP2 upstairsAP1 downstairsAP1 downstairsSwitch: Two blue are for APs and orange is from router.Switch: Two blue are for APs and orange is from router.

Hello @Ruckus611 ,

Thank you for the response and sharing the pictures.

We would suggest you to please perform the Access point factory reset by following the Lennar Knowledge Base Self Help article using the link:

https://community.ruckuswireless.com/t5/RUCKUS-Support-for-Lennar-Homes/Physical-Factory-Reset-an-Ac...

Please let me know if you are able to reset the Access point and if it resolved the issue.

Thank you again for your patience.

Best regards,

Pinky Rajendran

RUCKUS Lennar Home Community.

I don't understand why APs need to be factory reset. The APs are high in the ceiling and hard to reach for physical reset. Can we do this at software level? 

Can switch firmware update help?

Hello @Ruckus611 ,

Thank you for the response.

We would suggest that a factory reset of AP would be the best option.

However, it is also advisable to create 5G and 2.4G netwoks separately and observe if it resolves the issue.

Please follow the below RUCKUS Lennar Knowledge base self-help article which will help you to create Wifi network.

https://community.ruckuswireless.com/t5/RUCKUS-Support-for-Lennar-Homes/Creating-a-New-Wireless-WLAN...

Please follow the process and let me know if you need any help during the process.

Thank you again for your patience.

Best regards,

Pinky Rajendran

RUCKUS Lennar Home Community.

I have been able to factory reset APs. The switch (IP address: 192.168.1.87) is disconnected. Attached is the picture from one of the APs (IP: 192.168.1.78/38). How to fix the switch issue?

Ruckus611_0-1718328381341.png