cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Securing remote access to ICX7450 running 9.0.10c

frnkblk
New Contributor III

I'd like to better secure remote access to the ICX7450.  There doesn't seem to be away to apply an ACL to the SSH configuration, so I tried both the "all-client" and "ip ssh client" commands, but they don't seem to work in 9.0?  Yet they are in the online manual?

SSH@router(config)#ip ssh client <redacted IP>
Invalid input ->client <redacted IP>
Type ? for a list
Node doesn't exist
SSH@router(config)#all-client <redacted IP>
Invalid input ->199.120.69.4
Type ? for a list
Node doesn't exist
SSH@router(config)#

Frank

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

BenBeck

Hey @frnkblk 

I think this is likely a documentation mistake. 9.x had a lot of command syntax changes. Here is the 9.x equivalent:

https://docs.commscope.com/bundle/fastiron-09010-commandref/page/GUID-48884BDF-310C-436E-A1FE-7713B2...

Please let me know if you have any questions. I will forward on the documentation error. 

Ben Beck, RCNA, RCNI, Principal Technical Support Engineer
support.ruckuswireless.com/contact-us

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3

BenBeck

Hey @frnkblk 

I think this is likely a documentation mistake. 9.x had a lot of command syntax changes. Here is the 9.x equivalent:

https://docs.commscope.com/bundle/fastiron-09010-commandref/page/GUID-48884BDF-310C-436E-A1FE-7713B2...

Please let me know if you have any questions. I will forward on the documentation error. 

frnkblk
New Contributor III

Thanks, that worked like a charm! It would be helpful if the documentation noted that when using this command there is an implicit "deny all" for everything else.

Also, can the 9.0 documentation be updated to remove "ip ssh client" and "all-client"?

Hey @frnkblk 

No problem. I did inform the documentation team and they will work to get it updated.