cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ruckus ıcx 7150 - 48p IP address commands do not appear

ysnsolak71
New Contributor

Hello. There are 8 floors in our current building. There is a Ruckus Icx 7150-4p Switch on each floor. After the power outage we experienced last week, all of our remote access SSH connections to the devices were lost. I can only connect to 2 devices. I cannot send, including ping, to other devices. Re-configuring the IP on the devices We want it, but the IP address commands do not appear. The written configuration commands are always missing.Looking in the menu of the IP command, there is no Address command listed.Can you Help.?

9 REPLIES 9

Mayank
RUCKUS Team Member

Hi ysnsolak71 ,

You need to configure a VE interface, for example given below

interface ve 1
ip address 192.168.1.2 255.255.255.0
!

and have a default route

ip route 0.0.0.0/0 192.168.1.1

Moving Forward If this issue is not resolved , Please log a ticket with the below link so that we will help you further

https://support.ruckuswireless.com/contact-us

I hope this information helps you

Please feel free to leave us a message if any concerns

Thanks

I want to apply the suggestions you have given, but the command lines do not come out.
Invalid input, I keep getting the error Type ? for a list

happytohelp
RUCKUS Team Member

Hi ysnsolak71,

I see current switch 'emlak' is on the router code so you should be able to see the IP and other L3 parameters. Please ensure you are in the 'configure terminal' mode (or interface sub-configuration mode to assign IP addresses).

If it still isn't working then we would need to take a closer look. Please log a ticket with the below link to assist you further:

https://support.ruckuswireless.com/contact-us

I am sure I am in terminal configuration mode. but no ip and l3 command lines

Chandini
RUCKUS Team Member

Hi ysnsolak71

Thank you for reaching us. 

Adding to the post from the details shared the firmware is on 8090 version and below commands would be needed for ve interface configuration on version 8095 and below on the router code . 

Example below explains of enabling router interface in a vlan and then setting ip in that ve or L3 interface 

device(config)# vlan 2 
device(config-vlan-2)# untag ethernet 1 to 4
device(config-vlan-2)# router-interface ve 2
device(config-vlan-2)# interface ve 2
device(config-vif-1)# ip address 10.1.2.1/24

This could be the reason why you see a error when you try to configure. 

Link reference for enabling ve interfaces for version 8095 and below: 

For above 9010 and above we don't need to give Ve for router interface but ve is created when we create a Vlan 

Link reference for version above 9010 and above:

I hope the above details help you

Thanks