cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

ICX 7150 C12P - Not booting from primary

mmags26
New Contributor II

Hi,

My ICX 7150-C12P Switch is booting only from secondary and am not able to get it back to "Switch" mode.  I tried changing boot sequence and reload but still is showing only SPR version.  My primary has SPS code and Secondary has SPR code.

When I check the system log, i see a log item "System failed to boot from primary !!"

I have only tried using the GUI version for these reloads.

Kindly let me know how to get this to work

Regards,

Mags

2 ACCEPTED SOLUTIONS

Chandini
RUCKUS Team Member

Hi Mmags26

Ack and Noted. Thanks for sharing.

CLI access would be needed. You can use copy command from CLI to copy firmware from secondary flash but since you are looking for flashing a switch image "SPS" version you can look into below details.

I had attached a link in one of the post here about "How to console to the switch" and "How to upgrade the switch from 8070 to 8095h" were you able to run through those post ? 

In addition I have attached one more link to upgrading using USB. This link will help you to upgrade using USB your primary flash. Please run through the links and reach out if any further concerns. 

Also could you please let me know if you are from Lennar Homes? 

Thanks 

View solution in original post

mmags26
New Contributor II

Yes, I am from Lennar homes.

Upgrading the switch using the steps above did the trick.  Thanks for your help

View solution in original post

6 REPLIES 6

Chandini
RUCKUS Team Member

Hi Mmags26

Ack and Noted. Thanks for sharing.

CLI access would be needed. You can use copy command from CLI to copy firmware from secondary flash but since you are looking for flashing a switch image "SPS" version you can look into below details.

I had attached a link in one of the post here about "How to console to the switch" and "How to upgrade the switch from 8070 to 8095h" were you able to run through those post ? 

In addition I have attached one more link to upgrading using USB. This link will help you to upgrade using USB your primary flash. Please run through the links and reach out if any further concerns. 

Also could you please let me know if you are from Lennar Homes? 

Thanks 

mmags26
New Contributor II

Yes, I am from Lennar homes.

Upgrading the switch using the steps above did the trick.  Thanks for your help