cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

I think unsupported 25G transceivers are "checked" to ICX7550 and ICX7650 in Optics Datasheet.

naoki_sato
New Contributor II

I found some mistake in "RUCKUS® ETHERNET OPTICS" document.
I'm sure that ICX7550 and ICX7650 do not support 25G transceivers.
- E25G-SFP28-SR
- E25G-SFP28-LR

RUCKUS® ETHERNET OPTICS
https://www.commscope.com/globalassets/digizuite/61722-ds-ethernet-optics-family.pdf
or, have a plan to release new 25G optional modules?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Chandini
RUCKUS Team Member

Hi Naoki_sato

I checked with regard to the concern you have again internally . I do agree that I did mention the below information  

"

Thank you for reverting back to us. I did check internally with regard to the questions you mentioned above. 

The 25G are SFP28 which will be used in SFP+ ports to be supported on the 7550-24F and 48F and in 7650 48F Model.

Support to be added in firmware above 10 series  but it's still tentative and under review and testing 

I hope this information helps

"

I got a update again today  and looks like it was a mistake in the docs and you are right about it. 

The optics docs had few details mentioned incorrectly about SFP28 support , the 7550 & 7650 do not support 25G optics. we are rectifying it from our side. Sorry about that. 

Thanks for pointing that out. 

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4

Chandini
RUCKUS Team Member

Hi Naoki_sato

Thank you for reaching us out here. 

From the description mentioned I understand that looks like you have found an error where you are sure that transceivers which are not supported are mentioned in the optics guide for model 7550 and 7650.

I ran through the details you mentioned

1234.PNG 

From the above details mentioned in optics guide looks like there is firmware requirement for 7550 and 7650 to support 25G optics . 

Since its mentioned as 2 for both 7550 and 7650 it is supported only after 10.0.0 or later 

Could you please help me with firmware version you are running on the switch ?

If you have any queries you can also feel free to log a case with us using the below link  so that this concern can be taken care

https://support.ruckuswireless.com/case_management

Thanks 

naoki_sato
New Contributor II

Hi  Chandini,

Thank you for your reply.

Do you mean both ICX7550 and ICX7650 have 25G port already impremented?
I thought they only have 1/10G SFP+ ports, not act as 25G ports.

Do they alreday have 25G ports but just limited by software?

I do not have 25G transceiver yet, so if it is compatible with these devices, I will test it shortly.

Thank you.

Chandini
RUCKUS Team Member

Hi Naoki_sato

I checked with regard to the concern you have again internally . I do agree that I did mention the below information  

"

Thank you for reverting back to us. I did check internally with regard to the questions you mentioned above. 

The 25G are SFP28 which will be used in SFP+ ports to be supported on the 7550-24F and 48F and in 7650 48F Model.

Support to be added in firmware above 10 series  but it's still tentative and under review and testing 

I hope this information helps

"

I got a update again today  and looks like it was a mistake in the docs and you are right about it. 

The optics docs had few details mentioned incorrectly about SFP28 support , the 7550 & 7650 do not support 25G optics. we are rectifying it from our side. Sorry about that. 

Thanks for pointing that out. 

naoki_sato
New Contributor II

Hi Chandini,

Thank you for sharing that information.

I'm glad to hear that both fiber switches planed to support 25G SFP28 on version 10.x.
I will wait for the firmware release.

Thank you.