As per the problem description and my understanding, you are facing coverage issue and Unleashed AP not forming mesh automatically. Correct me if I am wrong.
Unleashed is not just an unified AP management platform but it support all the standard features just as a dedicated controller managed wireless network.
Checkout some online details about Unleashed platform.https://www.ruckuswireless.com/products/system-management-control/unleashedhttps://webresources.ruckuswireless.com/pdf/other/infographic-why-unleashed.pdfhttps://www.ruckuswireless.com/products/access-points/ruckus-indoor/ruckus-r510
Few points to consider for optimum performance and roaming:
- Deploying AP without site survey is not recommended, as just placing APs anywhere may result poor coverage, dead spots in the deployed area.
- Number of APs for good coverage and best performance depends upon the building type, material used in the building, obstacles inside the building, etc.
- Performance also depends upon multiple factors like near by rogue Wireless devices, free air noise and other radio interference, etc.
- Basically if you have your first R510 installed at a location point-A, then you have to make sure other R510 is installed withing the coverage of R510 with good signal strength, else mesh AP will provide poor speed and may also get disconnected from root AP.
- If both APs are installed within proper distance where mesh AP can reach root AP, then roaming between them will also seamless.
Some more details about latest Unleashed 200.7 firmware features:https://support.ruckuswireless.com/documents/2683-ruckus-unleashed-200-7-ga-what-s-new/download
If above do not helps, please provide more details about your exact problem and also confirm what firmware version is running on Unleashed.
Syamantak Omer | Community moderator | Staff TSE | CWNA | CCNA | RASZA | RICXI | Follow me at https://linkedin.com/in/syamantak-omer-5949b6124