cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

home extending

richard_swallow
New Contributor III

I wanted to increase the wireless capability to the back of the house. At the front I have a r310. But, 20m away and through the house the connection dwindles. So, I ran a 10m ethernet cable to a ZF 7363. It works. However, there are issues I don’t know how to fix, as I’m not that network savvy. These are:
1. The r310 network is called ‘unleashed’. The 7363 network is called ‘ruckus1’ They share the same password but I don’t know how to make it so when I move from the front to back of the house a wireless device (like a phone), switches to the strongest connection. 
2. The 7363 flashes between 2.4 and 5. Sometimes it stick on one of the frequencies and then it loses it again. I can’t make it stick on 5G. It mostly wants to stay on 2.4
My config is as in the below diagram.
I could possibly circumvent issues that are both know and unknown by using a r710. I do not have one but do have the chance to buy one cheaply – cheaper than another r310. However, if I had one I don’t know how to make use of it. The 710 has two ethernet ports so I guess I could send one port to the www and the other to the 310 and mesh them somehow? 
I would greatly appreciate some assistance please.

4 REPLIES 4