cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Will Ruckus R600 US work in the UK?

atma_tiwana
New Contributor III

Hi,

I've seen some Ruckus R600's available for sale but they have the US in the description.  As I'm  the UK will these work fine or are there some potential issues ?

And finally if a R600 that was pulled from a previous installation was not reset or removed from the previous configuration will the normal.pin hole reset work or does it have to be "unlocked" first. 

TIA

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

syamantakomer
Community Admin
Community Admin

Hi All,

Using an AP in UK, which is locked with US country code is not a good idea. This is against the local regulatory low.

Even if you try to use a different country code locked AP (like US AP) with a controller which is running different country code (say UK), AP will simply not work as country code cannot be changed by the controller.

We encourage all our customers to purchase genuine RUCKUS gears with authorized resellers/partners and also follow your local regulatory laws.

Syamantak Omer
Sr.Staff TSE | CWNA | CCNA | RCWA | RASZA | RICXI
RUCKUS Networks, CommScope!
Follow me on LinkedIn

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4

ms264556
Contributor II

The US R600 will work fine in the UK, but will be limited to US WiFi frequencies (unless you do a quick Google search for "Ruckus Country Unlock").

It will quite likely have the wrong sort of firmware - if it doesn't come with unleashed then just download the latest unleashed firmware and 'upgrade' it over whatever is installed (after you've done a factory reset using the pinhole).

Hi 

The US AP is locked to the US country, meaning it can only work if you select US in unleashed or on a Zone in Smartzone.

And it will follow the US frequency rules and power output.

For Europe you best use the -WW (worldwide) version.

You cannot unlock the US to UK version.

Regards

Martin

atma_tiwana
New Contributor III

Thanks for the info, I shall pass on The US Models. 

syamantakomer
Community Admin
Community Admin

Hi All,

Using an AP in UK, which is locked with US country code is not a good idea. This is against the local regulatory low.

Even if you try to use a different country code locked AP (like US AP) with a controller which is running different country code (say UK), AP will simply not work as country code cannot be changed by the controller.

We encourage all our customers to purchase genuine RUCKUS gears with authorized resellers/partners and also follow your local regulatory laws.

Syamantak Omer
Sr.Staff TSE | CWNA | CCNA | RCWA | RASZA | RICXI
RUCKUS Networks, CommScope!
Follow me on LinkedIn