cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Disable ap auto-approve on Unleashed

kiler129
New Contributor II

By default any Unleashed AP plugged into the same L2 will automatically join the master. Is there a way to disable this behavior?

I know ZD allows changing the policy by issuing no ap-auto-approve but I don't see the equivalent for Unleashed. I saw the topic from 2 years ago but no solution was provided there 😞

Anyone have any idea? Obviously Unleashed evolved over the years, so maybe there is a way to do that?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Vineet_nejwala

Hi @kiler129 

Unfortunately the requirement you are looking for is not available as of now. We though have opened a feature request to support the disabling of auto approval and in future this might be added/reconsidered again but as of now it is not supported.

Best Regards

Vineet

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3

Vineet_nejwala

Hi @kiler129 

Unfortunately the requirement you are looking for is not available as of now. We though have opened a feature request to support the disabling of auto approval and in future this might be added/reconsidered again but as of now it is not supported.

Best Regards

Vineet

Hi @Vineet_nejwala 

Due to the behavior of the requirement, I guess the customer cannot create multiple unleashed within the same L2 subnet because each unleahsed AP will automaticlly join to the existing master AP.

Is my understanding correct?

Best Regards,

Koji Onodera

Hi @koji_onodera 

That is correct, within same L2 only one can act as master and rest would join it as slave.

Best Regards

Vineet