cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

vSZ firmware upgrade

migael_jordaan
New Contributor

Hi,

We have a vSZ on 5.0.0.0.675. Due to the R310 APs being end of life, we now have to start replacing faulty units with R320 and will have to upgrade the firmware on our controller.

We have removed all our R300 APs that would be incompatible with the new firmware. we would just like to check if anyone has any advice on the best firmware version to upgrade to from 5.0.0.0.675.

Kind Regards

2 REPLIES 2

syamantakomer
Community Admin
Community Admin

Hi Migael,

If all your AP models are compatible, I suggest you to upgrade to 5.2.2 version with latest AP patch.

Syamantak Omer
Sr.Staff TSE | CWNA | CCNA | RCWA | RASZA | RICXI
RUCKUS Networks, CommScope!
Follow me on LinkedIn

DarrelRhodes
Valued Contributor

Hi Migael,

With SmartZone, you do not need to run the same Controller and AP firmware.

As mentioned by Symantak, we would recommend your vSZ run the latest 5.2.2 controller firmware and AP firmware for AP models that support this version. 

However for older APs you need to separate them in to a separate Zone on the controller and you can run that Zone (and others) on an older firmware which supports your older AP models.

You will need to upload an 'AP patch' for the desired version, then configure the Zone to use that version. Details on how to configure this here: https://docs.commscope.com/bundle/sz-511-sz100-vsze-administrator-guide/page/GUID-F60F250C-7008-4F61...

To find out what version your APs can support, please check the release notes for each version. However R300 can run up to 3.6.2. and R310 up to 6.1 (future).

I hope that helps,
Darrel.