cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

vSZ-D Network Configuration

ross_halliday
New Contributor III
Hello,

I'm attempting to turn up a vSZ-D instance in my lab. I've got a pair of vSZ controllers running in a cluster, each with three interfaces (Management, Cluster, Control). The vSZ-D documentation is pretty bad, as it calls the one interface "Management/Control" and doesn't really say what it does, or really how it's supposed to connect to the vSZ controllers. I've tried it on both the "Management" and "Cluster" networks but I can't get it to connect. I have not tried it on the "Control" (which is Public) for the controllers as this is the same subnet as the "Data" interface should be on.

Also, I have no idea how the "Data" interface is supposed to work VLAN-wise. Is the IP I assigned just untagged?

Could someone share how theirs is configured and working? I would really appreciate it!

Thanks
35 REPLIES 35

Hi Yogesh,

You can get me at ross@wtccommunications.ca

Cheers
Ross

eddie_sanmarco
New Contributor III
Unfortunately I had forgotten about my training all this week from 7-5 so I will not be able to take a call as I will be in a classroom environment. I will however have my laptop for emails if you like.
eddie.sanmarco@mesaaz.gov

Eddie,

Apologies for the delay in getting back. I will schedule something on your calendar for early next week.

eddie_sanmarco
New Contributor III
Salad, did yo say you got your vSZ-D actually working? We have it set up like you have at this time using vSwitch. The tunnel gets established and a tunnel to the test AP that has the test SSID using Ruckus GRE tunneling selected is established. I am trying with static IP for now on the vlan 1730 that I have created on my router and dhcp because I can never seem to ping my default gateway. Multiple clients CAN ping each other when on that same SSID that is tunneled but none of us can ping the default gateway. I am sniffing at the enterprise switch that my UCS VMware is connected to and do not see any traffic. Is yours actually working.

Hey Eddie,

Yes, it actually works! lol I was very excited. I followed the directions in the manual on how to configure the vSwitch to pass all VLANs unmolested. I think the port group is simply configured with a VLAN ID of -1 or 0 or 4096 or something like that. The only NIC in the vSwitch is dedicated to that. I set up the switchport for trunking with the vSZ-D's VLAN as untagged/native. After the AP's tunnel establishes I get client traffic tagged out whatever VLAN I set on that SSID. I like to think of the port group and vSwitch like that old 8-port SMC that supported a really high MTU and just passed VLAN tags like a dumb bridge 😉

I'm running ESXi 5.5 Enterprise. No distributed vSwitch stuff. I can do up screenshots if you like.

Cheers
Ross