cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

vSZ-D Network Configuration

ross_halliday
New Contributor III
Hello,

I'm attempting to turn up a vSZ-D instance in my lab. I've got a pair of vSZ controllers running in a cluster, each with three interfaces (Management, Cluster, Control). The vSZ-D documentation is pretty bad, as it calls the one interface "Management/Control" and doesn't really say what it does, or really how it's supposed to connect to the vSZ controllers. I've tried it on both the "Management" and "Cluster" networks but I can't get it to connect. I have not tried it on the "Control" (which is Public) for the controllers as this is the same subnet as the "Data" interface should be on.

Also, I have no idea how the "Data" interface is supposed to work VLAN-wise. Is the IP I assigned just untagged?

Could someone share how theirs is configured and working? I would really appreciate it!

Thanks
35 REPLIES 35

eddie_sanmarco
New Contributor III
I'm fine with the call set up for Monday. You should know that my SE has informed me that his is spesking with, i assume your team, to see about getting this driver issue fixed. He did mention it could take a little while. I have also spoke to our sales and SE regartding maybe they recommended the wrong product as it seems your tech team as stated that if or Cisco ucs vw doesn't have the drivers in your manual, too bad they can't help. You should know that I've been in the IT industry for over 35 years and know very well that code can be written to hit fix this issue and add drivers to an ova for your customers. We will see how this evolves next week but i can't help feel that had we gotten the ZD3000 out 5000 i wouldn't be in this position. Another note for you is that we are migrating off of our Enterasys wifi solution that has been running just fine for over 8 years tunneling client traffic back to the controllers, of course those are physical not virtual. Thanks for your time,
Eddie

Hi Eddie, Thanks again for the feedback. Sure let's get on a call for me to better understand what your deployment use-case is ? vSZ-D is a product built on top of Intel DPDK architecture and there are platform limitations due to the DPDK toolkit. Regarding utilizing ZD 3K/5K, we probably need to understand your needs for tunneling of data and throughput requirements. As you are aware, with the vSZ-D the dataplane function is completely decoupled from the control plane (vSZ) which provides flexibility in deployments. We need to understand better what you need and your tunneling throughput requirements so that we could provide our inputs. Can you share with me your official email id where i can send a meeting invite ?

Yogesh,
If you email me I can reply and you will have my phone numbers in my email signature.
I can step out of training for a few moment to discuss what you would like to.

ross_halliday
New Contributor III
I appreciate the offer, Yogesh, but I am away on vacation all of next week. My co-worker and I would certainly like to sit down and talk vSZ when I'm back, if that is an option!

Sure, would be glad to set something up the week after next. Can you send me your official email id where i can send a meeting invite ?