sungjin_park
New Contributor III

hi

i have questions for maximum DHCP(DP) pool  in vSZ-H with SZ144-D 

i can't find in manual

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

eizens_putnins
Valued Contributor II

Even 1000 hosts in same VLAN is a usually a bad idea. Exception is when full client isolation is enabled.

Anyway, exactly to address big number of clients on the same SSID SmartZone supports VLAN pooling -- so multiple VLANs can be attached to the same SSID. This feature is needed in big public venues mostly (stadiums, etc.), and you just use as much VLANs as you need -- 2/4/8/16 etc.

Hope it helps.

View solution in original post

6 REPLIES 6

300 000 clients?! It's something ... For how many APs? Can't imagine real project, which supports that much clients. I have really seen something only on scale  of ~10 000 simultaneous users  on the same system, and thought this is quit a lot,  but this is different scale and really a  lot more!

Only case I can imagine for that is some service provider with many thousands of APs in different locations, in this case you probably can leave with such big subnets, using traffic isolation.

I suggest you discuss with Ruckus development what is the best way to handle that, as it is definitely not a typical situation, and they are best positioned to recommend the best solution for such project.

Hope it helps,

Thanks 

It is unpredictable how many concurrent users there will be, but expect many devices to be connected. ( could be more or less )

So we are investigating the limitations of each element to design the configuration.