Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

how to config SZ144D Data interface 10G management interface 1G

sungjin_park
New Contributor III

Hi i have question 

i will be soon

installation SZ144D but i don't have hardware not yet.

but quick setup guide and config guide i can't find what interface choose and config

example 

144D 10G 4port 1G 4port

10G-1

10G-2

10G-3

10G-4

1G-1

1G-2

1G-3

1G-4

1G-1 - mgmt ip 1.1.1.1

10G-1 -data ip 2.2.2.2

or

1G-1~4 mgmt ip 1.1.1.1

10G-1~4 -data ip 2.2.2.2

how to config?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Greg_WiGuy
Contributor II

Theres an initial step in the setup wizard where you get to chose whether you want to bridge all ports, or seperate control and data plane ports.  I'm not entirely sure but I think Bridging all ports activates LAG and means only 1 IP is used for management and GRE tunneling.

Personally, when it comes to the network config details like ports, VLANs, etc. I find the documentation really confusing and unclear.  When you want to tunnel an SSID you just check the tunnel box - but the VLAN part is no different than how an AP is expected to behave so you just need to make sure that VLAN is tagged from the connected switch to the SZ - nothing else on the SZ side to manage VLANs, just one management IP, untagged, and off you go.

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1

Greg_WiGuy
Contributor II

Theres an initial step in the setup wizard where you get to chose whether you want to bridge all ports, or seperate control and data plane ports.  I'm not entirely sure but I think Bridging all ports activates LAG and means only 1 IP is used for management and GRE tunneling.

Personally, when it comes to the network config details like ports, VLANs, etc. I find the documentation really confusing and unclear.  When you want to tunnel an SSID you just check the tunnel box - but the VLAN part is no different than how an AP is expected to behave so you just need to make sure that VLAN is tagged from the connected switch to the SZ - nothing else on the SZ side to manage VLANs, just one management IP, untagged, and off you go.