cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Smartzone 100 Unable to Stack Switches

jason_hilt
New Contributor III

Trying to figure out these Ruckus switches and things are not going well. Trying to stack two icx7650 switches by configuring them through Smartzone, which from what I have read you should be able to do.  I have followed the guides with no luck.  I can select the two switches, select 'Stack Selected Switches' from the More menu, set one to Active and set the other one to ID 2.  Hit ok and I get the following message "Stack configuration saved, please wait for switch view update after the stack formation has completed."   So I wait.  Configuration history shows Success.  I refresh the switch group, only the two I want stacked are in this group.  I see the plus next to the one switch, click it, and it shows only one switch as Standalone.  The other switch doesn't join the stack.  It's still in the group, but nothing has been done other than the stacking configuration lines that I see through the CLI.  Reboots don't do anything.  I have tried connecting the stack cables before and after making the stack in the Smartzone controller.  Neither works.  

Are there commands you have to do through the CLI also before making the stack in Smartzone?  So far Google searches have lead to no helpful information.

Smartzone version: 5.2.2.0.317

ICX version: TNS08090h

10 REPLIES 10

Hi Jason,

Sorry for the confusion but it was not FSI, it should be UFI.

As per show version, it is already UFI so problem is not the switch image.

Below is the compatibility matrix for ICX management on v/SZ.

Please open a support case and report the issue.

Syamantak Omer
Sr.Staff TSE | CWNA | CCNA | RCWA | RASZA | RICXI
RUCKUS Networks, CommScope!
Follow me on LinkedIn

jason_hilt
New Contributor III

So finally figured out the stacking issue.  Missed the part on 40g being port 1 and 3 and not 1 and 2.

Now to just figure out how to add vlans to muliple port ranges without having to type 1/1/1,1/1/2,etc.....all the way to 2/1/48.  1/1/1 to 1/1/48,2/1/1 to 2/1/48 doesn't work.

nevermind...just tried 1/1/1 to 2/1/48 and that worked.  

scratch that.  It didn't work.  entering "1/1/1 to 2/1/48" put the vlan on port 1/1/1 and 2/1/1-2/1/48.  It skipped 1/1/2-1/1/48!

Anyone have an idea?  Documentation that I have found is very lacking on how the ports are entered.

Please start a new thread as now we are discussing different topic.

Thanks.

Syamantak Omer
Sr.Staff TSE | CWNA | CCNA | RCWA | RASZA | RICXI
RUCKUS Networks, CommScope!
Follow me on LinkedIn