cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Service-Type not included in accounting request packet

kramnitsuj
New Contributor

Hi Ruckus forum,

I'm currently testing the Hotspot 2.0 with Virtual Smartzone. I've noticed that the Service-Type attribute is not being included in the accounting request. Can you help me on how to configure Virtual Smartzone to include the Service-Type attribute in the accounting request.

4 REPLIES 4

Ayush_Tripathi
RUCKUS Team Member

hello @kramnitsuj 

By default, the Service-Type attribute is included in the accounting request when using RADIUS Accounting. This attribute specifies the type of service being provided, such as "Framed" for a user with a physical connection or "Wireless" for a wireless user.

Hi @Ayush_Tripathi 

But in my testing it seems that vSZ is not sending the Service-Type attribute in accounting request. Please see packet capture below.

Snip20240522_7.png

Hi @kramnitsuj,

You can configure vendor specific attributes for accounting and authentication in v/SZ. Go to services >> Vendor specific attributes.

simon_louis_0-1716808732909.png

For radius attributes refer to the below guide:

https://support.ruckuswireless.com/documents/4075-smartzone-6-1-0-ga-radius-guide

Regards,

Simon Louis

Hi @simon_louis 

I've attempted to include the Service-Type attribute in a Vendor Specific Attribute (VSA), but it appears that it didn't work or I misconfigured it. Since the Service-Type attribute is not a standard Vendor Specific Attribute, what should I set on the Vendor ID?