cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SZ Cluster - APs balanced on Control Plane but not Data Plane

Greg_WiGuy
Contributor II

I'm running a pair of SZ124s on v5.2.2.0.1161 and recently clustered them.  Clicked the "rebalance APs" button and now I see an even split of ~200 assigned to each of the two SZs.... but, when checking the AP page and enabling the Data Plane column, only 3 APs are using one of the controllers' data plane while all the others are locked on the second SZ.  Doesn't seem very balanced to me, is this "expected behaviour"?

7 REPLIES 7

Vineet_nejwala

Hi @Greg_WiGuy 

Can you try a couple more time to rebalance and also please check below article that gives better understanding on "rebalancing AP's" behavior.

https://support.ruckuswireless.com/articles/000005814

Best Regards

Vineet

Greg_WiGuy
Contributor II

Thanks Vineet, I understand it a little better thanks to the article you posted.

I've tried rebalancing a couple times today but still only 4/400 APs using one of the dataplanes while the control plane seems pretty well balanced.

@Greg_WiGuy

Can you please get the "get scg" command output from few of the AP's to check if they have all DP's IP list ?

Best Regards

Vineet 

@vineet_nejawala 

The 'get scg' command lists both SZ IP addresses next to "Server List:" and "SSH Tunnel Connected to:" the IP of the SZ that is listed under control plane.

I couldnt see anything that called out the Data Plane specifically.