cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

RADIUS not working with new vSZ 5.2???

john_krussaniot
New Contributor III
I currently have a ZoneDirector 3050 which is setup to use RADIUS and it works perfectly. I am trying to configure a new Virtual SmartZone 5.2 that I setup using Hyper-V connect using RADIUS as well, but RADIUS keeps failing. I have tried to replicate the similar settings I have on the ZD3050 but it constantly fails. Has anyone ran into this issue and resolved it successfully?  I'm thinking there are some settings i'm missing somewhere, but I feel like I have tried everything. 
33 REPLIES 33

Vineet_nejwala
Hi John,

Lets ignore the AAA test now, kindly follow the below commands to make sure we have client failure logs enabled, if no failure logs on NPS event viewer we have to follow below?

1. Open CMD prompt on Server as admin
  2. At the command prompt, type the following command, and then press ENTER                 auditpol /set /subcategory:"Network Policy Server" /success:enable /failure:enable
The above command would enable the client failure and success log on NPS. If even after this you do not see any logs populating ask engineer on case to take an capture on AP to see if the "access-request" packet is leaving AP eth interface. If the request is hitting NPS there has to be the failure log populating. 

Best Regards
Vineet  

The Event Logs for NPS work, but when trying to authenticate to a SSID with a Wireless Device it doesn't even make it to the Server. How do i know Event Logs work, because if I have a successful or failed attempt directly from the AAA in the vSZ Controller it gives me a NPS Event Log. 

javier_valdes_c
New Contributor III
Hi John,

From the "Even Viewer" screenshot I can see the NAS Port Type is being classified as "Virtual" instead of "Wireless IEEE 802.11". That should be an issue from the ZD OS code. 
Try as a workaround editing the NPS Policy  NAS Port Type Conditions and check "Virtual" option and see if that solves the problem.

Best regards.

I'm thinking it's something down those lines. By checking "Virtual" I no longer get a Failed attempt using the NAS Port Type Condition. But I still get the below picture and still cannot authenticate with Wireless devices.Image_ images_messages_5f91c48f135b77e247ae9cfa_50b74c0e8820670271fb5e290c2e003d_RackMultipart2020042111753012i-e32194b4-7ed1-45b7-8907-bc740699e616-1046234509.png1587483550

The Virtual and Port # seem ok because it is a Virtual Controller via Hyper-V and that's the port # required to access the web portal interface. But because it is Virtual, i'm thinking there are some configuration tweeks that need to take place somewhere.