Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

R650 fails to join SZ100

jason_hilt
New Contributor III
SZ100 running Controller Version 5.2.1.0.515
New, never used R650 on software version 114.0.0.0.1294

Multiple R650s fail to join or even be seen by the SZ100 controllers.  Even after putting in the controller IP addresses directly on the AP, it still fails to join, see, or be seen by the SZ100s.  No mention in logs anywhere.  Factory reset APs with no change.
No idea where to go from here.  Google has nothing.  No previous versions of software for the R650 to try, that I can see other than unleashed, which we don't want.

Will be putting in a support ticket but figured I would ask here just in case someone has/had the same issue.
7 REPLIES 7

syamantakomer
Community Admin
Community Admin
Hi Jason,

Could you check if Application Signature package is updated on the controller.

Go to SZ GUI >> Firewall >> Application control >> Check the application signature package file name.

There could be other factors as well like issue in the network, Port blocked between the AP-SZ, etc.

Make sure port 22 and 443 are open between the AP-SZ.

Regards,
Syamantak Omer.

Syamantak Omer
Sr.Staff TSE | CWNA | CCNA | RCWA | RASZA | RICXI
RUCKUS Networks, CommScope!
Follow me on LinkedIn

jason_hilt
New Contributor III
AC signature package is RuckusSigPack-v2-1.430.1
No ports are blocked on the network.  A R610 on same port connects just fine.

Hi Jason,

Download and apply the 1.470 sign pack and see if that fixes the issue.

https://support.ruckuswireless.com/software/2566-smartzone-5-2-1-0-515-ga-sigpack-1-470-1-applicatio...

Also confirm what is the AP Zone firmware version.

Regards,
Syamantak Omer

Syamantak Omer
Sr.Staff TSE | CWNA | CCNA | RCWA | RASZA | RICXI
RUCKUS Networks, CommScope!
Follow me on LinkedIn

Did that.  Waiting for it to show up on the GUI.  Doubt that is it as I think we figured out that the cause is from still using AP Firmware 5.1.2.0.373.  Haven't had time after upgrading the SZ100 to update APs as we only upgraded to 5.2 to connect in a switch.  Made a separate zone with the 5.2 AP Firmware and it joined in just fine.
Looked but didn't see anywhere that mentioned AP Firmware comparability.