cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Moving APs while keeping AP-specific configuration

henryp
New Contributor

I'm talking about keeping AP-specific configurations when moving them across groups/zones.Is there a way to do that? Or alternatively, backing up AP-specific config for some APs before moving and restoring from those config after moving them. Thanks!

Edit: It's a SmartZone 100 running 6.1.1.0.959 firmware

6 REPLIES 6

James
RUCKUS Team Member

Hello,

AP specific configs will carry over when an AP is moved to the new AP zone/ group.

Used  AP specific channelization config for an AP > Moved it to a new AP zone > The AP retained the AP specific channelization config that was made, after it successfully joined the new AP zone.

henryp
New Contributor

Thanks but it's the contrary when I did my testing today - the moved AP lost its configuration.

Maybe because in my test the AP was moved to a Zone with different AP firmware version than the original? (The original uses 6.1.0.0.1595, the dest. zone uses 5.2.2.0.2064). Sorry I forgot to mention this info. 

Hi @henryp 

What specific setting/configuration we are talking about ? I just moved an AP on version 3.6.2 to another AP group in same zone and another new zone but the AP retained the AP specific config, for example I enabled specific channelization and channel on the AP and it retained those specific setting while moving to AP group in same zone group or a different AP zone (firmware changed from 3.6.2 to 3.5.1). On these AP's can you confirm if you go to AP >> config>>advanced options>> network settings>> its set to Keep the AP's settings

Best Regards

Vineet

I enabled channelization, TX power and model-specific config etc. for that AP. All were lost when moved to the new zone.

I also cannot find 'network settings' under advanced options in the AP config page.