cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

MIGRATE AP FROM SMARTZONE TO DIFFERENT SMARTZONE

darwin_barredo
New Contributor II
Hi Guys is there any ways to migrate the multiple ap from smartzone to diffrent smartzone? i know we can use remote ap-cli  but it is for single ap only. 

NOTE : the version of the controller is 5.1.2 so we cannot use AP CLI SCRIPTS ALSO
19 REPLIES 19

syamantakomer
Community Admin
Community Admin
Hi Darwin,

As suggested by Anusha, "Switchover cluster" is the best option if you have both the SZ clusters (source SmartZone and destination SmartZone) online and desired AP(s) is(are) online/connected state on source SmartZone.

As you can see below, you can choose multiple APs or specific selected APs to move from existing cluster to a new cluster. This also gives you option to delete or keep its entry on existing cluster.

Image_ images_messages_5f91c44a135b77e247a0606d_95fda6c1e0a26d87a1ec685e9939304c_RackMultipart20200422128039991-e5be4118-1545-4b1c-80fd-da5d88ed5ae0-135501836.png1587558861

About the CLI option, you may need to run "set scg reset" after running "set scg ip xxx.xxx.xxx.xxx" as some times AP do not drops it's connection with currently connected SZ.

Regards,
Syamantak Omer

Syamantak Omer
Sr.Staff TSE | CWNA | CCNA | RCWA | RASZA | RICXI
RUCKUS Networks, CommScope!
Follow me on LinkedIn

Is it possible to set mutiple IP ́s when using switchover as in the set scg ip-commande? I,e set scg ip [IP1], [IP2], [IP3]... etc? 

eightohtwoeleve
Contributor III
We've just done this a few weeks ago. We set the DHCP option 43 first, then chose the "switch over cluster" feature. Worked like a charm, almost too good. 

abilashpr
Contributor III
Hi Darwin,

There is a script that was shared by Jeronimo, this would serve your purpose; if you are good at bashscripting you could enhance it to your needs. 

https://forums.ruckuswireless.com/ruckuswireless/topics/sharing-scripts-for-ruckus-ap

There is little bit work that needs to be done but its lot better than sshing into each AP and doing it, its lot fun and you now knew another way of switching APs. 

Its bad that they have added "set scg ip" command to this list, in fact even if you use dhcp option 43 to let your APs know new controller they go back and join to the old one if they are not deleted on old one; you will not do it unless you want to screw your day, it doesn't work all the time. I have been there too, but this script does the job it requires some time but you are sure that this will get the job done.

Hope it helps!!!

Regards,
Abilash PR.

It doesn't matter if they added "set scp ip" to the list, you CAN still do it. You will get a warning in which you can bypass to achieve this. I learned this because I wanted to mass reboot and thought because it was added to the list, I couldn't do it. UNTIL I actually tried it and it still worked.