cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to understand DFS event?

kessvn
New Contributor III

Hello,

I can't find any information about DFS event format. Here are 2 examples from the same AP, running 80mhz channel.

1. Why does it show the same channel more than once in examples a and b? Example a shows channel 132 3 times!
2. Example C shows all 4 channels witch channel 56 at the beginning. Does it mean that dfs signal was detected on channel 56 and it is being shown first in line?

a. detected a DFS radar event on radio [a/n] and channel [132+136+132+132] went into non-occupancy period
b. detected a DFS radar event on radio [a/n] and channel [132+136+132+132] went into non-occupancy period
c. detected a DFS radar event on radio [a/n] and channel [56+52+60+64] went into non-occupancy period

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

kessvn
New Contributor III

Reply from support if someone will be interested:

Engineering has confirmed that the format of radar event for 132 and 136 is due to 140 and 144 not being available for 80Mhz.

The last two tuples Y and Z from W+X+Y+Z will be filled with the channel which has radar detected.

View solution in original post

6 REPLIES 6

syamantakomer
Community Admin
Community Admin

Hi Kessvn,

Could you please provide below details.

1. Controller and AP model
  2. Controller firmware and AP firmware version
  3. If possible, provide the support log as well.

Syamantak Omer
Sr.Staff TSE | CWNA | CCNA | RCWA | RASZA | RICXI
RUCKUS Networks, CommScope!
Follow me on LinkedIn

kessvn
New Contributor III

Hi @syamantakomer ,

1. SZ-100 and T610

2. Controller 6.1.1.0.959, AP 6.1.1.0.1322

3. I'll share it on private message.

Received!

Let me check this internally and get back to you.

Syamantak Omer
Follow me on LinkedIn

Hi @kessvn,

I have verified both the files (snapshot and AP log) but I did not see the mentioned events in it.

Could mentioned, I will recommend you to open a case with support and allow us to troubleshoot.

Also, "132+136+132+132" information given in the event for DFS seems incorrect, it should show all the impacted channels.

Syamantak Omer
Follow me on LinkedIn