cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to understand DFS event?

kessvn
New Contributor III

Hello,

I can't find any information about DFS event format. Here are 2 examples from the same AP, running 80mhz channel.

1. Why does it show the same channel more than once in examples a and b? Example a shows channel 132 3 times!
2. Example C shows all 4 channels witch channel 56 at the beginning. Does it mean that dfs signal was detected on channel 56 and it is being shown first in line?

a. detected a DFS radar event on radio [a/n] and channel [132+136+132+132] went into non-occupancy period
b. detected a DFS radar event on radio [a/n] and channel [132+136+132+132] went into non-occupancy period
c. detected a DFS radar event on radio [a/n] and channel [56+52+60+64] went into non-occupancy period

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

kessvn
New Contributor III

Reply from support if someone will be interested:

Engineering has confirmed that the format of radar event for 132 and 136 is due to 140 and 144 not being available for 80Mhz.

The last two tuples Y and Z from W+X+Y+Z will be filled with the channel which has radar detected.

View solution in original post

6 REPLIES 6

kessvn
New Contributor III

Reply from support if someone will be interested:

Engineering has confirmed that the format of radar event for 132 and 136 is due to 140 and 144 not being available for 80Mhz.

The last two tuples Y and Z from W+X+Y+Z will be filled with the channel which has radar detected.

Hi @kessvn,

You got it first 🙂, I was about to add the final response from engineering.

I am glad that you got the answer.

Syamantak Omer
Sr.Staff TSE | CWNA | CCNA | RCWA | RASZA | RICXI
RUCKUS Networks, CommScope!
Follow me on LinkedIn