cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Help creating DHCP profile on Data Plane

derek_small
New Contributor II

Why is there no documentation on how to create a DHCP profile on the data plane?????

I finally figured out that after I get the DHCP license activated, I need to assigned it to the data plane (completely on my own, because again, can't find any documentation explaining the process), but I still don't have an option to add a DHCP profile for the DP.  I only see a blank list, and no way to add or configure anything.  

Is there anyone who can help???  I've been trying to get this stuff working for months.....

8 REPLIES 8

syamantakomer
Community Admin
Community Admin

Hi Derek,

May I know what is the firmware version on your controller and what controller model you are using?

Everything is documented in the user guide.

Refer below online document which is directly pointing to DHCP profile settings (DP)

https://docs.commscope.com/bundle/sz-600-adminguide-sz300vsz/page/GUID-13B5D7E7-7973-48AD-9791-4EA16...

Syamantak Omer
Sr.Staff TSE | CWNA | CCNA | RCWA | RASZA | RICXI
RUCKUS Networks, CommScope!
Follow me on LinkedIn

@syamantak_omer I will give you some credit.  In all my searching I had not found this document, and was never directed to it by TAC. 

https://support.ruckuswireless.com/documents/2535-smartzone-5-1-ga-smartzone-data-plane-configuratio...

This was about the most detailed "config" guide I was able to find, and it is what TAC gave me, but it clearly only talks about the "DHCP profile" (DP) config, and never actually tells you how to navigate there, or how to create a profile. 

Something that tells users that they need a license for this, that the license must be assigned, and that you must assign the DHCP profile to the Data Plane would be a good idea, and would save your users the hours it took me to figure all this out, but that is at least a decent guide for how to configure a DHCP profile.

If only our interface had a button to "create" a DHCP profile.

derek_small
New Contributor II

It's version 5.1.2.  There is a config guide for "configuring" this. But all it really tells you is that it can be configured.  There no place that tells you; First you need license, second you need to assign the license to the data plane, third, you need to configure a DHCP profile (DP), fourth you need to enable DHCP under the data plane option on the WLAN, and finally you need to select the DHCP policy.  

I had to piece all this together by pouring through the GUI, and what little documentation is out there. It is compounded by the fact that the "Create" button is missing on the page to manage DHCP policies for the data plane.  I already have a TAC case open about that.  But if there was a config guide that said "step three is to create a DHCP policy under the DHCP policy (DP) tab of the services menu, I would have at least know what was wrong (that I don't have a create button due to some bug).

@derek_small please share the support case number.

Syamantak Omer
Sr.Staff TSE | CWNA | CCNA | RCWA | RASZA | RICXI
RUCKUS Networks, CommScope!
Follow me on LinkedIn