cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Guest wifi unable to access the internet

ameyrul_rasheed
New Contributor II

Hi all i got an issue here one of our end user unable to access the internet via guest wifi but if there are using another SSID they able to access the internet, for your info the other SSID is using the same vlan as guest wifi. i have reconfigured the WLAN and ask the end user to set static IP but it seems not working, is that any suggestion or idea you guys can give to me.

5 REPLIES 5

syamantakomer
Community Admin
Community Admin

Hi Ameyrul,

Check once if client isolation is enabled on this guest WLAN. If yes, try to disable it and see if that fixes the issue.

Also confirm what is the AP and controller version.

If you are on 5.2.x and above version, run the troubleshooting option by adding client MAC and choosing the AP(s) on which client is connecting. Result will show tell you exactly where client is failing to connect.

Syamantak Omer
Sr.Staff TSE | CWNA | CCNA | RCWA | RASZA | RICXI
RUCKUS Networks, CommScope!
Follow me on LinkedIn

Hi Ameryrul,

If you use Client Isolation, gateway IP addresses are usually added automatically in isolation whitelist. If you create a custom isolation whitelist, make sure you check the box saying 'Auto whitelist - APs will auto-discover gateway devices and add them to the isolation whitelist' or include gateway IPs manually.

Also check Firewall options under WLAN if it is configured WLAN-specific L2/L3/App/URL/Device policies.

If you have enabled Force DHCP or Anti-Spoofing, clients with static IP addresses will not be allowed.

Thanks
Karthik.

@syamantak_omer 

Hi Syamantak omer,

thanks it work now after i disable client isolation, can explain to me much detail about client-isolation?

Hi Ameyrul,

This Ruckus Education video about Client isolation may answer your queries. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BHRlckna8pI

Thanks
Karthik.