cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Guest pass code login again in another access point

nyein_lwin
New Contributor

Dear all,

I am using the ruckus virtual smart zone controller. All my AP are connecting with this controller and create guest wifi for guest users.

I can generate guest pass code and login with single AP. There is no problem.

My problem is -

When I connect guest wifi with another AP that use same controller, I need to type again the guest pass code.

If I type the pass code again, it can login successfully. But I have many guest wifi access point and it is not possible to type guest code on each access point again and again.

Please  help,

Regards,

Nyein

3 REPLIES 3

syamantakomer
Community Admin
Community Admin

Hi Nyein,

In the guest service, there is an option called Grace period. Please check and set its value to desired time duration.

Also keep in mind below points:

• Grace period works only within same zone and same SSID.
  • If client moves to another SSID and then connect back to guest SSID, they have to provide guest pass again, as grace period will be defaulted to Zero, as soon as client connects to another SSID.

If above things are looking good and you are still facing the issue then further troubleshooting will be required.

Syamantak Omer
Sr.Staff TSE | CWNA | CCNA | RCWA | RASZA | RICXI
RUCKUS Networks, CommScope!
Follow me on LinkedIn

@syamantak_omer 

Dear syamantak_omer,

Thanks you so much for your reply. I have setup correct grace period for guest wifi and use in same wireless zone and SSID.

Please let me know the further troubleshooting steps.

Regards,

Nyein

If user is not connecting to another SSID running from same controller than it should work.

Collecting controller and AP debug logs will help but I would suggest to raise a case with support for further troubleshooting.

Update the case number here so that I can also track internally.

Syamantak Omer
Sr.Staff TSE | CWNA | CCNA | RCWA | RASZA | RICXI
RUCKUS Networks, CommScope!
Follow me on LinkedIn