cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Guest WLAN exception

ashour_shamoon
New Contributor II

Hello,

I have two WLANs in my zone. One for our employees and one for guests/ employee mobile devices.

We wanted to have a Guest WLAN that was isolated and we wanted mobile devices on it as well. The issue I am having is that when people are not at their desk but a different office or building, they cannot access their email (we have an on-site email server). 

I have tried to do a whitelist exception but cannot because I am running DHCP/ NAT services. Is there another option? I was thinking maybe a L3 Access Control policy?

6 REPLIES 6

ashour_shamoon
New Contributor II

The one part I am having trouble figuring out still is this, I have a Virtual Machine running on VCenter that I want to be able to access, but not anything else. When I make my policy, I would have to make rules to allow me to get to the IP of VCenter and the Virtual Machine I am wanting to get access to?

@ashour_shamoon I think only allowing DHCP, DNS and VCenter server IP should be enough. No need to use source and destination, just add these on destination and choose Direction as bi-directional 

Syamantak Omer
Sr.Staff TSE | CWNA | CCNA | RCWA | RASZA | RICXI
RUCKUS Networks, CommScope!
Follow me on LinkedIn