cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Exporting a zone to a new controller

jarrid_smoot
New Contributor

I am trying to export a zone from one of our controllers to a new one that we just spun up. I have extracted the template on the existing controller, and exported it to my PC. I then went on the new controller, and imported it to my templates, which works as intended. 

Then, I go to the Access Points page, click "More" and chose to "Create New Zone From Template", and then select the template I imported. This is where I have an issue and it gives me an error (at the end of this post), that I cannot figure out how to get around. Any suggestions?

Unable to create the AP zone. Reason: Global entity FirewallProfile(PROFILE ID) doesn't exist anymore! Referenced relation: WlanConfig.firewallProfileId.

4 REPLIES 4

syamantakomer
Community Admin
Community Admin

Hi Jarrid,

Error says Global Firewall profile used on 1st system (from where you exported the template) is not configured on 2nd controller thus showing the error.

What is the controller version?

Go back to 1st controller and check the firewall profiles and see if you can match the same on 2nd controller.

Syamantak Omer
Sr.Staff TSE | CWNA | CCNA | RCWA | RASZA | RICXI
RUCKUS Networks, CommScope!
Follow me on LinkedIn

@syamantak_omer

Thank you for replying! We have the default profile on both, what appears to be happening is the profile has some type of ID that the OS or the controller looks at, and this differs on the new controller, and does not appear to be something I can change.

I have same issue - did you ever get an answer on this from support?

Hi Jarrid,

Try to open a case and see if support can help on this.

Syamantak Omer
Sr.Staff TSE | CWNA | CCNA | RCWA | RASZA | RICXI
RUCKUS Networks, CommScope!
Follow me on LinkedIn