cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Can we use SmartZone APs licenses on the ZoneDirector1200 controller?

cassiano_pache1
New Contributor II
Can we use SmartZone APs licenses on the ZoneDirector1200 controller?
4 REPLIES 4

albert_pierson
RUCKUS Team Member
Hello Cassiano,

Unfortunately the quick answer is no - you cannot transfer AP capacity licenses from SZ to ZD (or the other way)

ZD AP licenses are tied to the ZD Serial Number and will only get transferred if an RMA is processed where the licenses are moved from the defective ZD to the replacement ZD.

It is possible to move AP licenses between different Smart Zone controllers using the Liman license tool found on the support site.  The SZ connect to this server and will dynamically update licenses from this site.

Sorry for the inconvenience this may cause,

Thanks.

I have a ZD controller, 10 APs and 10 SZ licenses for APs. Can't I use these licenses on these APs to be controlled by ZD?

Cassiano,

As Albert mentioned you cannot use SZ license on ZD, if this is a mistake on your End or on by someone else, please have this 10 AP SZ licenses PO cancelled (note all should be part of same order, if this 10 AP SZ is part of some other order, take no as the order) and place a new order for 10 ZD license that too it depends on the circumstances and if Support/Sales team says no then there aren't any option, it would be better to sort this with your reseller or disti from whom you have got this order.

This looks like it's going to consume some time, in the meantime you can install temp license and have your network up and running for short period.

Regards,
APR

cassiano_pache1
New Contributor II
I have a ZD controller, 10 APs and 10 SZ licenses for APs. Can't I use these licenses on these APs to be controlled by ZD?