cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Can I cancel the session timeout

cangqingse
Contributor

hi  everyone

• Session Timeout: Sets a time limit (in minutes) after which users will be disconnected from the hotspot service and required to log in again.
      Can I cancel the session timeout?
       If I reach the time limit for wireless access during a video conference, my video conference will be disconnected, so I want to close the session timeout

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Thank you very much for your guidance

View solution in original post

13 REPLIES 13

hi Sunil Acharya
Can we increase the session timeout in the later version? The 10 day limit is a bit too short

Hi @cangqingse 
Session Timeout will disconnect the user from the portal and will be required to log on again once the session timer expires.

However, if the user connects in the morning (Session starts) and disconnects in the evening (goes back to home), later if he comes back on the 2nd day morning and connects, the Session timer will restart from 0 instead of resuming to Day 2.

With this I believe the Session timer will not be a problem unless the user is connected Actively and running straight for 10 days.

hi Sunil Acharya

If the session timeout refers to automatically disconnecting for 10 consecutive days, rather than automatically disconnecting for a total of 10 days, it meets our needs

Can all versions of smartzone be implemented?

Hi @cangqingse 
What is the version on the controller?
The functionality should be same on most of the versions. 

Hi Sunil Acharya:

The version of the controller and AP is different because we have 7982

cangqingse_0-1680772586706.png

cangqingse_1-1680772796734.png